Film Room Brehs, Recommend Me Some Books To Read

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I like Fantasy books so I'd recommend the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss (The Name of the Wind is the first book. there's only 2 of a planned 3 out)

Currently reading The Gentlemen's b*stards series by Scott Lynch, I'm on book 2 (only 3/7 out so far)

After this, I'm going to start The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Fantasy books so I'd recommend the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss (The Name of the Wind is the first book. there's only 2 of a planned 3 out)

Currently reading The Gentlemen's b*stards series by Scott Lynch, I'm on book 2 (only 3/7 out so far)

After this, I'm going to start The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson
Nice...my friend just put me on to the Kingkiller series a month ago and I just finished the second book a couple weeks ago...he told me if I like those to check the Stormlight Archive next too.

I'm currently reading Every Secret Thing by Laura Lippman and just finished Cornado (short stories) by Dennis Lehane.

If I'm reccomending something to read I always tell people people to check anything by George Pelecanos...the DC Quarter series preferably.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Homie there are a couple horror movie books I think you might love. Check out shock value. It’s basically a history of horror with inside dirt from the people who were there every step of the way and how horror evolved over time.

And if also recommend Ian Fleming’s James Bond books. They’re pulp spy novels and short reads. I’ve got every single one on my bookshelf

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Nice...my friend just put me on to the Kingkiller series a month ago and I just finished the second book a couple weeks ago...he told me if I like those to check the Stormlight Archive next too.

I'm currently reading Every Secret Thing by Laura Lippman and just finished Cornado (short stories) by Dennis Lehane.

If I'm reccomending something to read I always tell people people to check anything by George Pelecanos...the DC Quarter series preferably.
Rothfuss is a literary god. His prose can make eating breakfast or taking a bath sound :noah:

I bought Name of the Wind in 2010 but didn't read it until last year. I'm glad I waited because initially he said the trilogy was done and would be published consecutive years starting in 2007( and if you read the back of book one you can see stuff that doesn't happen til book 2. It's been 10 years now and people are PISSED.)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm an unapologetic Cormac McCarthy stan. If you can get through his writing style, it's pure magnificence. Blood Meridian is a masterpiece of prose.

I also highly recommend Warren Ellis' two novels Crooked Little Vein and Gun Machine. Both are noir detective tales, the first is a scathing satire of post 9/11 America, the latter is almost as fukked up. Also very quick reads as you can finish both of them in a matter of hours.

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The Disaster Artist - by Greg Sestero, who played Mark in "The Room"
The movie with Franco is coming out soon, and its based on this book, it was hilarious but kind of sad as well