Fans overrate Loki as a villain

Daps
Reppin
NYC
when talking best comic book movie villains i often see his name thrown into the mix. maybe it's because the ratio of bad villains so heavily outweighs that of the great villains that even the more mediocre ones like loki stand out.

he's like.. okay i guess? as kind of like a chickenshyt heel?

but do i think he's one of the all time great villains? :ld:

is he not like the 4th or 5th most interesting thing going on in avengers? does he even matter in that movie?

loki stans speak on it brehs.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's because most of the movies don't have memorable villains.

And I say this as a comic book movie fan

Edit: They need to have more recurring villains.

Civil War spoilers
They shouldn't have killed off Crossbones. He would've made a good recurring villain.

Honestly, they need a villain to either kill or seriously injure an Avenger and get a way with it for a movie or 2. Thanos will probably do that, but I was thinking about someone else.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
i don't know about movies.... but daredevil and jessica jones definitely have the best villians.... especially the dude who could control minds and having nikkas protect, kill, steal, lie and all sorts of shyt for him...

i think the main problem is these movies are disney and fukking campy as shyt... ain't no villians gonna be out here murking 20-50 people at a time like we want... even joker in dark knight didn't kill but a few people... less than 10 if i'm really thinking on it

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
i don't know about movies.... but daredevil and jessica jones definitely have the best villians.... especially the dude who could control minds and having nikkas protect, kill, steal, lie and all sorts of shyt for him...

i think the main problem is these movies are disney and fukking campy as shyt... ain't no villians gonna be out here murking 20-50 people at a time like we want... even joker in dark knight didn't kill but a few people... less than 10 if i'm really thinking on it

Magneto and Apocalypse got rid of the opposition.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

eh it's implied he killed a lot more. also there's no emphasis on the victims or blood or anything like that because they wanted to keep it PG13 but remember there's a scene where joker is just unloading rounds from a machine gun into oncoming traffic. he was pretty violent.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf

Yeah Purpleman (the Jessica Jones mind control villain) really shows the scale of how much of a problem a real supervillain can be.
One thing that makes him great is the heroes trying to stop him are genuinely afraid of him. They run from him, plan in detail, sneak, negotiate, etc.
At no point is Captain America afraid of Redskull or Batman afraid of Joker, which sets up that the heroes believe they will inevitably win so the audience doesn't really consider that they could actually lose. In Jesica Jones she is scaed to death (traumatized even) of this dude. He has raped her already, killed actual characters on the show (not just a bunch of extras)... he comes across as a legit problem.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I think this a fair assessment:ehh:

Maybe I even agree with that:patrice:

With that said:mjpls:

Fans overate Batman as Hero.:umad:

I mean lets be real, only the Keaton version has been the most enjoyable or complete and even he was meh (great for us at the time as kids but meh now).

Bale just wasnt that good of a Batman..... so bad his villains outshined him in every way and we need to stop pretending or acting like it was by design. How you be the headlining star and get shined on by your own co star:wow:

And it happened more than once..... he get shined on so bad that peeps act like DC got the greatest villains.:mjlol:

The Affleck Batman..... people just happy to see anything but Bale that they over hype him to ungodly levels when at best his appearance was slightly above average:pachaha:

But its whatever:russ:

I mean there is nothing memorable about Bale Batman and when anyone ever mentions the Trilogies about the comic hero the movie is based on. Very rare will they ever even talk about the fukking hero other than to roast his (batman voice)

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Spiderman is bringing his Rouge Gallery so they can at least get some quality villian in the movies.

The fact that GOTG ended in a dance off speaks volumes. I actually had a little hope for Ultron too.

One of the other many reasons I was looking forward to Spidey coming to the MCU hopefully they don't p*ssy out because IMO he has the best rogue gallery.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Spiderman is bringing his Rouge Gallery so they can atleast get some quality villian in the movies.

The fact that GOTG ended in a dance off speaks volumes. I actually had a little hope for Ultron too.
Nikkas held hands like Captain Planet planeteers in GOTG :smh: . They turned Ultron into a literal clown in AoU. Bane started off dope then turned to a simp. The less said about Galacticus & Mandarin the better.

Heath's Joker aside, the recent CBM era villains have mostly been trash

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I thought this dude was old as fukk and was legit shocked when he was dating Taylor Swift

I seriously thought he was around 70