Fact: the first rappers wasnt from da Bronx... they was Pimps down south

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
back in the 60's Rudy Ray Moore would stand in a cipher and spit rhymes... as seen in the Dolemite movie... South pimp n1ggas was rapping down south years before it got to the bronx

every rapper from Too Short to Rakim looked up to Rudy Ray Moore... Muhammad Ali even was even influenced by him

1:11mark... one of the realest moments in hiphop history... the god rakim got one of the first known mc's to make a cameo in his video

not only has he inspired your favorite mc's, he inspired your favorite comedians... Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Chris Rock

4:24mark...
:salute:

TEG9919CD-2-Back.jpg

23808838-23808841-slarge.jpg

Last edited:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
bugs please take your medication... :shaq2:

"thier would be no HIP HOP without JAMAICAN MUSIC CULTURE!"

Jamaican Deejays would Toast (rap) on the mic while the selector (turntabilist) would spin a dub riddem (instrumental track) matter of fact Kool Herc had a crew of mic men (m.c's) whom were referred to themselves as TOASTERS......which was basically the root of the chants and poetic slogans i.e (say hoe....everybody scream!) that would lead to modern day rapping in the MC style...

Rub-a-Dub_Style-front-cover.jpg

and keep in mind...all this was taking place in Jamaica , 20 years prior to what Rudy Ray Moore was doing in those blackexploitation flicks and stageshows.....men like Count Matchuki , Lord Comic, Dennis Alcapone, U Roy, Jah Stitch aka Uglyman were toasting or as the yankees say RAPPING along to vinyl being spun..that my friend is the DIRECT LINK and BIRTH OF HIP HOP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
to this day Pimps stilll talk sh1t and speak in rhymes

Last edited:

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
Fact: the first rapper was Muhammad Ali

Ali was from the south and the rhyming he did came from the streets of the south by pimps years before ali...

the whole swag of the 70's 80's Ny mc's started wit pimps down south... the nicknames, the way they dressed, the jeweles, the whole swag

30705992_122454655826.jpg

bdkane.jpg

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Ali was from the south and the rhyming he did came from the streets of the south by pimps years before ali...

the whole swag of the 70's Bronx mc's started wit pimps down south... the nicknames, the way they dressed, the jeweles, the whole swag

True :salute: but don't forget that Ali was doing it in the late 50s and a lot of his stuff came from the dozens from African and street culture

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^BOTH OF YALL AS WRONG AS ALL GET OUT....also :laff: at how BUGS is trying to avoid responding to me...cause he don't wanna get MURKED in his own bumbalaat thread

How do you explain the DEEJAYING???....

all of that comes from the RUB A DUB style of the jamaicans

that DJ KOOL HERC a JAMAICAN HIMSELF brought with him back from JAMAICA..

None of those muthaphuking pimps or even ALI had turntables backing them up when they were "rapping"

but DADDY U ROY of JAMAICA did when he first started in the 50's on a soundsystem....and to this day he IS STILL DOING IT...WHILE ON TOUR:

U+Roy.jpg

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
bugs please take your medication... :shaq2:

"thier would be no HIP HOP without JAMAICAN MUSIC CULTURE!"

lets be real... them bronx street n1ggas wasnt listening to no damn jamaican music and gettin influenced.... Kool Herc brought the way jamaican dj's rocked a party to the bronx... and thats where it stops... all them rappers was influenced by pimps

Grandmaster Caz calling himself Casanova Fly... thats pimping

in the Sugar Hill Gang song Rappers Delight when they spit

"i'm imp the dimp the ladies pimp, the women fight for my delight"

Thats Pimpin!

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
lets be real... them bronx street n1ggas wasnt listening to no damn jamaican music and gettin influenced.... Kool Herc brought the way jamaican dj's rocked a party to the bronx... and thats where it stops... all them rappers was influenced by pimps

Grandmaster Caz calling himself Casanova Fly... thats pimping

in the Sugar Hill Gang song Rappers Delight when they spit

"i'm imp the dimp the ladies pimp, the women fight for my delight"

Thats Pimpin!
The concept of them rappin over the breaks came from Herc tho, which came from Jamaica.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL