piano-camron-o.gif

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Rap Genius' explanation for BP2 had me dying :laugh:

Even though it initially sounds like He’s literally saying that there are flutes playing in the song, which is odd because there aren’t any obvious flute sounds.

However, there’s some kind of woodwind instrument on the originalEnnio Morricone track (a clarinet? african flute?)

filepicker%2FAAjOhySeaiAnw02IYFgw_Flute.jpg

There are flutes behind the female vocals in ‘The Ecstasy of Gold’ during the part that was sampled for this song. Even at a live Orchestra, it would be incredibly difficult to distinguish them.

Upon further digging, he doesn’t just mean the literal sense of the flute on the track.

1. Flutes were used to sound off or symbolize war when played, so he’s somehow saying he’s ready for war with everyone.

2. Also a reference to the purpose/use of the flute on the video-game Pokemon Ruby Emerald for the following:
They heal certain Status afflictions(in this case the media/fans)

Blue = Sleep
Red = Attraction
Yellow = Confusion
Black = Acts like a repellant
White = The opposite of Black (lures)–

In a sense, he’s about to cure the rap game/public from these afflictions) — Not far-fetched since Jay uses a lot of video-game references and also veiled statements in his lyrics.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay was all over the place in that intro. What gets me even more than the flutes bit is the "Jay Z this Jay Z that" *thinks*.. :leostare: I'm supposed to say something else now..how does it go..? :patrice: "Jay Z this Jay Z that" fukk :damn: I already said that.. Uhm.. "Jay Z that Jay Z this" :smugfavre: Nice one Jay. No one noticed. Now let's get Guru to bring them flutes up in this bytch..:gladbron: "..."

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
As much as I roasted this, I'm pretty sure he obviously meant the background vocals. The flutes as in when someone says "she has pipes" as in someone can sing. He clearly meant the background vocals which show up on queue when he says it's but.

But still :russ:

really tho

that ain't gangsta
Supporter
Daps
the first version probably did have the flutes..anyone ask just blaze or guru?