Does the Pokemon announcement end the myth that the Switch will have this unified library?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Ever since the announcement of the Switch people have been saying that Nintendo will combat the droughts that plagued its past systems by having handheld and console developers make games for 1 system instead of two.

Nintendo has never said this would be the case but it has been long held as fact by much of the pro nintendo gaming community

So Yesterday we get a announcement of new Pokemon games that are NOT coming to the switch:gucci:

The question is in the title.:yeshrug:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
me and my friend had an argument about this last month or so. nintendo has successfully cornered the handheld market. sony isn't gonna give it another go. so why unify all that potential money into one system?

the switch is still a 300$ console, portable or not. moving franchises and other types of games calls for more development time/money/better graphics/more features. I was of the thought that they wouldn't be just taking flagship titles like pokemon and moving it to the switch because that takes away from handheld sales and so far it seems I'm right.

even if that's what they eventually plan to do, the switch still has to show and prove and have staying power. immediately phasing out the 3ds and potential future handhelds would be foolish.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
How does this end it?

What drought? Arms releases in a week and Splatoon 2 next month.

E3 is next week, at least wait till then to see what's officially confirmed for later this year.

Premature thread.
:mjlol:

I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan, but we in a drought. A bad one. Our next really good title on the horizon is Mario. Arms and Splatoon is overrated trash.

Got no VC
Got no apps or Sub
Nintendo fans desperately calling arms/splatoon 1.5 as big games
Can't even get ports for classic Nintendo games like in Megaman Collection 2.
Trying to charge $40 for SF2 when Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 is dropping.

This shyt isn't a good sign. Can't even get a port of the Pokemon games because of some stupid reason by gamefreak.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
fukk Nintendo, im turning heel on this bytch ass company.:pacspit:

Nobody is gonna be checking for Splatoon DLC or DJ Pauls ARMS

Nobody is gonna check for a shytty port of Pokken.

Nobody is gonna check for Fire Emblem anime weeabo shyt

Nobody gonna check for Mario number 2000.

Nobody gonna check for Xenoblade 2 when Persona 5 and FF7 Remake exists.

It's getting no new Need For Speed, no RDR2, No Star Wars, no Madden, no COD, No MvCI, no NHL, No Baseball, NBA LIve, No meaningful 3RD party games at all. It's not even getting games that came out on the NES like Mega Man or the Disney games.

Switch isn't even getting a proper FIFA game, it's getting the PS2 port.

Oh but don't worry, Skyrim will be great, everybody's gonna play Skyrim on the toilet where it belongs.

All eyes will be on Microsoft in less than 4 days, Nintendo will be irrelevant at E3 yet again and only hyped up by fanboys who cant afford the true consoles like the Scorpio or even the PS4 Pro. Nobody is gonna be looking at the Switch with it's 2007 level hardware.

You know you're console is a failure when the fukking Vita, a handheld Sony declares dead, is getting more games than the Switch every month.

Face it, the Nintendo bytch party is over!

Oh and I almost forgot, enjoy that Mario Rabbids game that nobody asked for.:mjlol:

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
No, but it does solidify that Nintendo will milk the shyt out of its fans :mjlol:
fukk Nintendo, im turning heel on this bytch ass company.:pacspit:

Nobody is gonna be checking for Splatoon DLC or DJ Pauls ARMS

Nobody is gonna check for a shytty port of Pokken.

Nobody is gonna check for Fire Emblem anime weeabo shyt

Nobody gonna check for Mario number 2000.

Nobody gonna check for Xenoblade 2 when Persona 5 and FF7 Remake exists.

It's getting no new Need For Speed, no RDR2, No Star Wars, no Madden, no COD, No MvCI, no NHL, No Baseball, NBA LIve, No meaningful 3RD party games at all. It's not even getting games that came out on the NES like Mega Man or the Disney games.

Switch isn't even getting a proper FIFA game, it's getting the PS2 port.

Oh but don't worry, Skyrim will be great, everybody's gonna play Skyrim on the toilet where it belongs.

All eyes will be on Microsoft in less than 4 days, Nintendo will be irrelevant at E3 yet again and only hyped up by fanboys who cant afford the true consoles like the Scorpio or even the PS4 Pro. Nobody is gonna be looking at the Switch with it's 2007 level hardware.

You know you're console is a failure when the fukking Vita, a handheld Sony declares dead, is getting more games than the Switch every month.

Face it, the Nintendo bytch party is over!

Oh and I almost forgot, enjoy that Mario Rabbids game that nobody asked for.:mjlol:

I remember at the beginning of this gen, ppl lambasted sony and msft for releasing remasters and ports, while praising Nintendo for releasing orginal content on the wii u.

Switch releases with ports, remasters, and classic titles and every one loses their mind for it :wow:

Then they trying to charge you to play online and pacify them with snes games. :stopitslime: