Does Hip Hop need a David Stern type Figure? Rapper interviews that made you go :snoop:

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
:snoop:

I've came across two this week..

I couldn't even listen though the entire 5 or so mintues

Im really wondering if being as ignorant as possible is what it takes to get signed to record labels..

It's one thing to rap about ignorant/ fantasy type shyt, but not being able to articulate and conduct yourself properly in an interview is an indictment on that person's intelligence as well as the hip hop community as a whole in that we elevate/celebrate these people

I'm tryna get to know the person behind the music and it's really tough to stomach

At times I feel like we need a David Stern type figure to come in a let people know "Dressing and acting like an ignorant ass is not whats progressive for our people and for business as a whole. .. Drake would not be as big as he is.. getting deals with Apple and Jordan if he acted the way some of these rappers do

&

Imagine if NBA and NFL players acted like this while trying to promote themselves..

Would this be acceptable ?

So why are rappers gloried for this type of act?

Feel free to add on

Last edited:

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
I thought u were gonna post some Webbie or Chief Keef interviews

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
if you get a david stern type character you suck all the ignorance out of hip hop, but prolly all the wildcard intangibles that you get from the same ignorance. hip hop doesnt need a commissioner to sanitize it, it just needs better quality control of who gets in and gets poppin. the fans can have a say in that by not letting garbage nikkas succeed. same with any industry.

if you let flagrant style biting, signing people who only have 1 song, and being generally retarded on social media be what gets you hot, then you end up with links like the shyt posted above

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
This nikka wants an overseer
Jordan%2BShrug.gif

nawshus

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No infiltration of white & suburban rappers has already made the genre bland.

BK Breh

Wave Goddess
Daps
Reppin
@ the Desiigner one.. I couldn't get past 55 seconds.. Like... he's saying and speaking in such an unnecessary way it hurt my ears.. save that for the studio...smh

You're right.. specially with the Drake example, i watched an interview he just did the other day and it was one of the best i've seen in a while...hell even Birdman's last interview w. the breakfast club was better than this:sadcam:

:scusthov:And that female tho . with her Build-a-Wig hair...i can't

• Dap
Reactions: MGM

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
the funny thing about this whole Kodak Black Breakfast Club interview stuff is that I saw this nikka was a mumbling junky a long long time ago

but you don't hear me though