Does Agile/Scrum product development really work?

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
I'm in charge of a new project at work (a nikka bout to get promoted off this shyt :blessed:)
They want us to implement AGILE/Scrum framework into daily operations. Apparently software devs already do this by default but my company is behind the power curve on this.

So for anyone who actively participates in it, how effective do yo think AGILE/Scrum really is? Does it actually increase productivity, and how is it implemented in your workspace?

Help a breh out

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
Congrats breh :myman:

Worked in that area for a few years before switching to Cloud solutions delivery :jawalrus:

It's a great framework because developpers feel empowered and help the overall atmosphere in the team. It definetely increases productivity because you clearly get deliverables as you see who is slacking or delivering on time.:usure:

To me, the approach gives you the opportunity to go granular on delivery items/functions. Just make sure to have hardcap milestones because One of the issues I had with Agile/Scrum is that Developpers started feeling like they can decide on when they feel like delivering the goods. :picard:

Also one thing that is really important, whats your position in all this ? Are you the Scrum Master or the Product Owner ? Because there is no real Project Manager in the agile world. :ufdup:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'm in charge of a new project at work (a nikka bout to get promoted off this shyt :blessed:)
They want us to implement AGILE/Scrum framework into daily operations. Apparently software devs already do this by default but my company is behind the power curve on this.

So for anyone who actively participates in it, how effective do yo think AGILE/Scrum really is? Does it actually increase productivity, and how is it implemented in your workspace?

Help a breh out

I work as a Product Owner and if the Dev team is trash then it can be a nightmare.

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Congrats breh :myman:

Worked in that area for a few years before switching to Cloud solutions delivery :jawalrus:

It's a great framework because developpers feel empowered and help the overall atmosphere in the team. It definetely increases productivity because you clearly get deliverables as you see who is slacking or delivering on time.:usure:

To me, the approach gives you the opportunity to go granular on delivery items/functions. Just make sure to have hardcap milestones because One of the issues I had with Agile/Scrum is that Developpers started feeling like they can decide on when they feel like delivering the goods. :picard:

Also one thing that is really important, whats your position in all this ? Are you the Scrum Master or the Product Owner ? Because there is no real Project Manager in the agile world. :ufdup:

My role is actually bringing Agile into the company...as in demonstrating how its done and teaching all the employees how the iteration cycle is supposed to run, then guiding teams through the process. We still do a waterfall type product development. Basically shifting the whole company's paradigm (at least our branch) on how to develop products :lupe:
I'm honestly still wrestling with the actual concept, it seems really nebulous. But they're paying me to take certification courses :blessed:

I do like the fact that it holds team members accountable because we've had plenty of projects hung up in the past because of one person or one team :camby:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My role is actually bringing Agile into the company...as in demonstrating how its done and teaching all the employees how the iteration cycle is supposed to run, then guiding teams through the process. We still do a waterfall type product development. Basically shifting the whole company's paradigm (at least our branch) on how to develop products :lupe:
I'm honestly still wrestling with the actual concept, it seems really nebulous. But they're paying me to take certification courses :blessed:

I do like the fact that it holds team members accountable because we've had plenty of projects hung up in the past because of one person or one team :camby:

So an agile Coach. Agile (SCRUM in this case) is simple as hell. People just make it more complex than it needs to be because they simply arent good at their jobs.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
It 'can' work. What ultimately ends up making things work are competent developers on your team who know how to do their job. No management technique is going to save bad developers.

Daps
You arent getting these roles without a degree unless you started in the early 90s or ran your own company.
even if I'm able to build any project I want.

I thought the programming field is mostly based on skill once you get your foot in the door

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Anybody mind dropping a basic intro or some resources to learn more about AGILE/SCRUM. I’m suppose to take a software development course next semester and it’s basically just covering that from the Syllabus