Do You Need Home Town Acceptance/Support In Order To Be Successful In HipHop?

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
I feel like while the south may not always bring the best music to the table they have undeniable relentless support for one another.

I would assume that your city's support would be a great factor in a rappers success or does it not matter with tools such as the internet?

For example I would say only a quarter of actual physical people care for wale in the dmv. Do you think that it correlates with his success or no?

BastardChild

Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Daps
Reppin
Bridgeport , CT To Columbia , SC
Damn, so you think Karen civil and Elliott hold more weight than "the streets"? Interesting.
nah i dont think they hold more weight.. and im not talking just bloggers.. but if you can get 10000000 youtube hits on one of your homemade songs.. you dont need your local hoods acceptance..

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Means nothing. Most people are sheep, the same people clowning your wack mixtape today will be telling everybody they knew you when you blow up.

Look at Wale...nobody in DC fukks with him. Famous.
Look at J.Cole....from nowheresville, North Carolina. Went to NYC. Famous.
Look at Drake....from fukkin Canada. Drake said no one fukked with him and Toronto is known for being the "city of the screwface". Famous.
Look at ASAP....from Harlem but, raps like a Houston nikka. Harlem people called him out for that and for living in Jersey. Don't matter. He got famous.

Make good music. Get a following on the internet. Again, most people are sheep. Same people clowning you will be on your dikk 5 years later.

Last edited:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
The south doenst support each other like that. Only a few citiies do, Like ATL and Houston
Dallas nikkas do not support each other for shyt

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
If u aint known in ya hood throw them rap dreams u got to the bushes...
with the internet nowadays... this is no longer true..

you see a shytload of rappers that aren't even known or liked in the their hood until AFTER they blow up.. some still ain't liked after and still have a good career.

stop thinking locally..