David Fincher HBO Remake of Utopia series

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably one of the most overrated shows on this website based off the first season. That shyt was average television with accents.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably one of the most overrated shows on this website based off the first season. That shyt was average television with accents.
ibz9rQcE42dP2O.gif

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Probably whiten up the cast in the process :beli:

Ian will definitely be turned a white guy. Ol'boy with the one eye, will be hispanic.

they will definitely put way more attractive actors in the US version than the UK verison.:manny:

I have faith in Fincher though. :lawd:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I have very mixed feelings about this remake for a few reasons.

1. I think it's kinda retarded to do a remake of a show that's currently airing. It's even already in English. HBO could've copped the broadcast rights to the original show. Then again I have doubts they'll let all the shyt from the original ride in the U.S. remake. Specifically season 1, episode 3.

2. David Fincher directing the entire season is great. No complaints about that.

3. On the other hand, he's never done anything visually similar to "Utopia". And if he doesn't color-correct each episode like they do, that's half the signature style of the show gone. "House Of Cards" is great but "Utopia" with the same color palette would be :scust:

4. Having said all this, I have high hopes for the HBO version succeeding because the UK version is flopping horrifically over seas. Season 1 Blu-Ray sales were so low I've heard they aren't even releasing season 2 on BR. So worst case scenario the UK version gets cancelled, they can talk to Dennis Kelly and finish the story.

Hopefully the UK version gets to end on it's own terms though.

Fred.