DAMN I'm MAD: PS4 not future proof!!!

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Look, I'm $100 cheaper than my biggest rival, but I'm the company on the brink of financial ruin.
Some say I have more "horsepower" yet I'm still cheaper.
Its cheaper because they KNOW you will buy there Kinect-Me-Too Camera and there little other thing that goes with it for $130. They know if you don't see why now, you will later :smugfavre:
The Reason is Xbox dummy, you'll see tho. Stop hating the messenger
So anywayz, Future proof, riiiiight. So whats not Future Proof about the PS4?

I'll start off with its Bluetooth. Its bluetooth capability is 2.1
PlayStation 4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Even though there is a higher fidelity version at 4.0 that has been out for about a year now is it? 2.1 isn't compatible with 4.0 :patrice: so in the near future when everyone upgrades to bluetooth 4.0 (or Wi-Fi Direct if you like the finer things) all your new bluetooth accessories won't even work on PS4 :whew:

Don't like the future? Well PS4 also hates the past since it cannot play Music CD's either. So if you was planning on using your PS4 as your entertainment hub and you have music on CD's? Can't do it here bruh, you gotta now have a 2nd solution for that. Makes no sense, but it is what it is :manny:

The Next missing piece is how games will evolve. One of the biggest STAN POINTS for the PS3 was how Blu-ray would make it possible to have bigger worlds. That ended up being bullshyt or negated by the fact that both systems could just have DLC. Playstation said they'd rather charge you than to put more content on a blu-ray disc. To give sony credit, they did ask developers to fill up the disk and they responded by saying "whats in it for us"
It would take more resources and by how games sold on PS3, it made zero sense. That was then. But NOW? With the Cloud for instance microsoft has made it affordable and logical to use it so you can create those bigger worlds you wanted to without having to finance themselves. The Xbox One is created for developers in that way. Sony added more RAM to the PS4 about 2hrs ago to attempt to hype this fact for another year or so. But its not a solution :smugdraper:

I have quite a few more things to add, but I'll start off with these...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
51.gif

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Playstation said they'd rather charge you than to put more content on a blu-ray disc. To give sony credit, they did ask developers to fill up the disk and they responded by saying "whats in it for us"

Let me see your source for this :popcorn:

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we're buying the ps4 to play games, so shut the fukk up already.:childplease:

That's what everyone was saying before e3.,.. then it was welll ehhh used games. So now we are back at games and hoping that a whole bunch of games that weren't announced will come out.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Look, I'm $100 cheaper than my biggest rival, but I'm the company on the brink of financial ruin.
Its cheaper because they KNOW you will buy there Kinect-Me-Too Camera and there little other thing that goes with it for $130. They know if you don't see why now, you will later :smugfavre:

Even though there is a higher fidelity version at 4.0 that has been out for about a year now is it? 2.1 isn't compatible with 4.0 :patrice: so in the near future when everyone upgrades to bluetooth 4.0 (or Wi-Fi Direct if you like the finer things) all your new bluetooth accessories won't even work on PS4 :whew:

Don't like the future? Well PS4 also hates the past since it cannot play Music CD's either. So if you was planning on using your PS4 as your entertainment hub and you have music on CD's? Can't do it here bruh, you gotta now have a 2nd solution for that. Makes no sense, but it is what it is :manny:

The Next missing piece is how games will evolve. One of the biggest STAN POINTS for the PS3 was how Blu-ray would make it possible to have bigger worlds. That ended up being bullshyt or negated by the fact that both systems could just have DLC. Playstation said they'd rather charge you than to put more content on a blu-ray disc. To give sony credit, they did ask developers to fill up the disk and they responded by saying "whats in it for us"
It would take more resources and by how games sold on PS3, it made zero sense. That was then. But NOW? With the Cloud for instance microsoft has made it affordable and logical to use it so you can create those bigger worlds you wanted to without having to finance themselves. The Xbox One is created for developers in that way. Sony added more RAM to the PS4 about 2hrs ago to attempt to hype this fact for another year or so. But its not a solution :smugdraper:

So..the cloud is available to developers for free...it allows for larger worlds..and it is a substitute for system ram? :gladbron:

That's what everyone was saying before e3.,.. then it was welll ehhh used games. So now we are back at games and hoping that a whole bunch of games that weren't announced will come out.

We know theres more for EVERY company...nintendo, ms, AND sony...:comeon:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
xbox doesnt have bluetooth at all.

/thread
In a way, neither does PS4. Thats what I'm teaching you, ignoring it is not gonna make your future bluetooth product compatible. Xbox could of had bluetooth but went with a more advanced technology called Wifi Direct. Its already in all new devices including your cell phone if you have a newer model. Bluetooth 4.0 has been hitting the rounds slower because its not compatible with bluetooth 2.1 which is what the PS4 had chosen to go with. Thats great news for you today, bad news for you in 2yrs or less. If you don't agree, lets have a discussion on it. But don't wait too long because there are tons of other things I'd like to talk about. And you guys are crying more than anything else :ld:
we're buying the ps4 to play games, so shut the fukk up already.:childplease:
Great, this thread is about how you will be playing your games. We don't have to talk about games and nothing else. Are you a dictator? Napoleon, this thread is about how the PS4 is not future proof. If you want to speak on that go right ahead. If not, nobody is forcing you to hit enter. I'm sure nobody will even notice if you just slip right out this thread and never come back :unsure:
Let me see your source for this :popcorn:
This is well known by anyone who pays more attention than to just fanboy headlines. I know it won't be an easy find because this was discussed shortly after launch so we talking articles from 2006. I'll see...

... yeah, I couldn't find it off first attempt so I'll see. If I'm not mistaken it was EA who told sony to fukk off first. Others agreed. Sony backed off.
I'll keep checking because that is a funny fact
So..the cloud is available to developers for free...it allows for larger worlds..and it is a substitute for system ram? :gladbron
Did I say free? And a substitute for RAM? What is RAM used for exactly? That might answer your question :popcorn:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Did I say free? And a substitute for RAM? What is RAM used for exactly? That might answer your question :popcorn:

Misread the "affordable" part. I can admit when im mistaken. And RAM is used for game data/assets..

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Xbox had parity agreements with devs so even if the world could have been bigger on the ps4, it wouldnt have matched the xbox version with their DVD's. Devs arent trying to package 3 dvds for every xbox game because of its inferior limitations.. This is probaly the reason this gen had so many short games. Because of the inferiority of xbox.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

You do realize they'll probably have the newest version of Bluetooth when they do a hardware revision/slim version of the PS4 in the future?

CD is software thing, so they can enable music CDs to work in the future with a firmware update if there is enough of a demand.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Misread the "affordable" part. I can admit when im mistaken. And RAM is used for game data/assets..
So are you saying Xbox's Cloud service cannot be used for game data/assets? :leon:
You starting to get it yet?
Xbox had parity agreements with devs so even if the world could have been bigger on the ps4, it wouldnt have matched the xbox version with their DVD's. Devs arent trying to package 3 dvds for every xbox game because of its inferior limitations.. This is probaly the reason this gen had so many short games. Because of the inferiority of xbox.
Is that right? Unreal Tournament had bigger levels on PC and PS3, but the Xbox version shytted all over the PS3 version. Just one example. Your probably stories are cool and all but I got a thread to run here so I'll chat with you later toots :piss:
You do realize they'll probably have the newest version of Bluetooth when they do a hardware revision/slim version of the PS4 in the future?

CD is software thing, so they can enable music CDs to work in the future with a firmware update if there is enough of a demand.
You do realize your reaching now :snoop: And for the CD's comment.
Bruh, it has a blu-ray player in it. It can already play CD's no problem. Sony took that feature out on purpose. They up to something because there is no reason for it NOT to work. Unless they gonna try to sell you on some shyt. Expect them to block downloaded music just like they do downloaded movies on PS3 (Unfortunately I guess they are future proof :scusthov: )

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

:ufdup: dont be talkin out ya ass just because you can. That's solely on the developers, anyone that wanted to make a long game did so. Multiplayer was the reason for all of these short ass games more than anything, not system limitations. Especially given the fact that 1 bluray cost 3 times as much as dvd production wise, they could have packaged multiple discs and many did. It didn't stop nothing this gen, stop being such a fanboy breh.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
So are you saying Xbox's Cloud service cannot be used for game data/assets? :leon:
You starting to get it yet?

You do realize your reaching now :snoop: And for the CD's comment.
Bruh, it has a blu-ray player in it. It can already play CD's no problem. Sony took that feature out on purpose. They up to something because there is no reason for it NOT to work.

Yes, thats exactly what im saying...and if you say otherwise, you lose what little credibility you have..:usure:

Also, here u are again lacking in knowledge. The PS3 uses 2 lasers for the different formats...they are likely cutting it down to ONE read head that can read BD/DVD but not CD