Coli server issues during Wrestlemania unappreciation thread

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
@Brooklynzson we got mad love for you breh so

:whoa:

But The Coli was experiencing several quite annoying issues during Wrestlemania:

1. Loading the next page was very slow
2. When quoting someone it took +10 seconds for the quoted text to appear in the reply
3. Regularly when posting/replying an error message saying there was a server error popped up

:damn:

Wrestlemania is 1x per year, perhaps there needs to be a server for these types of threads when there are huge events (WrestleMania, Game 7s etc.) and a serious increase of traffic is expected?

:cape:could save us all, we really want to comment as the matches go in real-time and not have a delay.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
I dont think they care. They already pay a monthly fee just to keep website running.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
I dont think they care. They already pay a monthly fee just to keep website running.
I think they care.

They make money off their ads, this income depends on users so the more users the better. Likely the server capacity is upgraded when there´s growth. Classic case of investing in your product to keep its consumers satisfied to avoid losing them. That said: you may be right, but I don´t think so.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
@Brooklynzson we got mad love for you breh so

:whoa:

But The Coli was experiencing several quite annoying issues during Wrestlemania:

1. Loading the next page was very slow
2. When quoting someone it took +10 seconds for the quoted text to appear in the reply
3. Regularly when posting/replying an error message saying there was a server error popped up

:damn:

Wrestlemania is 1x per year, perhaps there needs to be a server for these types of threads when there are huge events (WrestleMania, Game 7s etc.) and a serious increase of traffic is expected?

:cape:could save us all, we really want to comment as the matches go in real-time and not have a delay.

Sorry bout the issues bro :francis : Was running fast for me for the most part :ehh: couple slow spots here and there, but nothing too crazy. When TWD came on I made it private for the rest of the night. If you see the errors when replying during raw tonight screenshot it and pm me so that I can report it. We added a troposphere for load balancing to the 2 dedicated servers last year for big events like this. Looks like we need to upgrade again. I just emailed them to see what options we have.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
The thread was list in jbo during the preshow

Don't know why the hell it was put back in tsc for the main show though..

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It was the typical bad for me. Every post I made got the server error and had to try 3-4 times before it worked :beli:

RAW tonight should be worse considering it's the NCAA Final. Wouldn't mind the RAW thread be moved to JBO for this one time @Brooklynzson :ehh:

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
It was the typical bad for me. Every post I made got the server error and had to try 3-4 times before it worked :beli:

RAW tonight should be worse considering it's the NCAA Final. Wouldn't mind the RAW thread be moved to JBO for this one time @Brooklynzson :ehh:
I'll take care of it once I see server load/ loading times going up...

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Sorry bout the issues bro :francis : Was running fast for me for the most part :ehh: couple slow spots here and there, but nothing too crazy. When TWD came on I made it private for the rest of the night. If you see the errors when replying during raw tonight screenshot it and pm me so that I can report it. We added a troposphere for load balancing to the 2 dedicated servers last year for big events like this. Looks like we need to upgrade again. I just emailed them to see what options we have.
Cool breh

FYI: it ran like this on my Macbook Pro on wi-fi, on my iPhone on wi-fi and on 4G.

Would it make sense to create a feature where certain threads (e.g. under 50 replies) are temporarily disabled to save bandwidth OR the other way around, you take all trending threads and disable them during a major event?

Then you let a pop-up show that explains it 'Due to a major thread for the sports event NBA Finals Game 7 this thread has been temporarily disabled to save bandwidth. Sorry for your inconvenience. To make up for this we will give you x daps now.' and by giving daps people aren't so upset. Let's say you give 50 daps. Also indicate when the thread will be enabled again.

This way you don't have to spend more cake, you keep people happy (people don't leave when they get free shyt usually) and all the people watching the event are happy.

:blessed:

Last edited: