Cole James Cash-SAIGON-2014 (Album made entirely in rehab)

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
j2kxmgSDmuYA5.jpg

jbwMUkPoKBe9Ej.jpg

@Hawaiian Punch
@Serious
@Wiirdo
@smARTmouf
@Taadow
@big business
@Liu Kang
@JamieFoxxHairline
@joeychizzle
@kareem929
@muzikfrk75
@IronFist
@TEKBEATZ

Well friends, i finally completed it, here is a free link to all the coli brothers. As some of yall know I have been in rehab and in JBO i have been talking about it extensively, I would like to thank everyone in that thread who supported it and asked me about this project and who have been supporting me in my thread. I been in this program almost 90 days at this point.

30k in coli cash to whoever can tell me the name logo in the corner of the back cover.

FREE LINK HERE:
Saigon

here is a bandcamp link to everyone who wishes to support it while im out chea starving.

Cole James Cash

Here is a track by track breakdown of the entire album

in case people are wondering why the album is called SAIGON yet its not featuring rapper and spitter Saigon.

1. Good Morning Vietnam-
While most people would be thinking of the Robin Williams movie, this song is actually supposed to symbolize an intro of sorts, its supposed to feel like morning which is why if you speak Vietnamese the woman is asking the little girl to get coffee and there are birds chirping. After failing to use the Paul Revere break successfully for years i finally got it together.

2. French Indochina-
This song to me one of the best on the album , the song itself is a french sample, its supposed to symbolize the last frontier of French domination and how basically the dialogue explains how some citizens hung on until the very, bitter end. It is a melancholy piece of dialogue and a sense of finality
and acceptance. Someone told me I should get Jay Electronica to rap on it, Jay Elec doesnt even acknowledge his own album, let alone some bum ass non name such as myself.

3. Dinh Binh Phu-
This song was originally called something else, but due to the nature of the sample being an old veitnamese standard, I decided to name it after the great battle where the french were given that work, not the first time the Vietnamese would put down a foreign invader or the last.

4. American Arrival-
Someone asked me what the rock samples were for this song and they are actually from a couple of vietnamese groups i found. The song clearly represents our arrival into Vietnam and the full metal jacket movie sample interviews are to make it interesting. I also tried to make it in the vein of some of those Drum and Bass/Jungle tracks from way back in the mid 90s.

5. Con Di Interlude-
I made this for fun, nobody ever samples from this scene in full metal jacket. I love interludes so I thought this would make the album entertaining.

6. Tet 1968-

This was when the tet offensive happened and we knew at this point we werent gonna win, the Viet Cong was just too resilient, the sample is off of a rare version of Marvin Gayes "God Is Love" which i love very much. The dialogue from the newsreels basically represents as such.

7. NVA Fire Mission-

This is one of my favorite tracks, i didint use too much instrumentation backing because I wanted it to sound like someone was really playing drums, the snare feels like bombs dropping, I took actual combat footage and edited for this one. I normally dont sample or listen to too much rock but I love that song.

8. April 30th 1975-

This is the date of the fall of Saigon, almost 30 years ago at this point. For some it was a victory for others it was a tragedy, it depends on how you look at it and where you are from.

9. Teaching English In Hanoi-
This is the only song not made specifically for this album, I had hatched this album idea years ago but I was too fukking drugged out to carry it out. I posted this song on the old SOHH forums and people mostly shytted on it. fukk Sohh, thats why that site is dead now.

10. Ho Chi Minh City-
This is the name of Saigon today, the thing is, unless you look on a map and very few westernized Vietnamese refer to it as Ho Chi Minh City, for some people it will always be Saigon, the song was supposed to feel like a Communist celebration of unity. At this point, the album sounds less analog and more digital to fit in with the digital age post 1970's

11. Em Di Tren Co Non-

This is a Vietnamese standard I sampled and the first song I made for the album, this is one everyone seems to love. This is one of the most hip hop friendly beats i made for the album.

12. Chau Huynh-
This is named after someone, shes a resilient woman from Soc Trang having survived Vietnam, went to a refugee camp in Malaysia , and made it all the way over here and had a family and made a living. She is one of the kindest souls in the world. The song is dedicated to her.

13. Ao Dai-
The Ao Dai (pronounced ow yai) is a type of dress, the dialogue in the background is basically a conversation between and old woman and a young man interviewing her. The song itself is supposed to sound a bit more modern, like we are now entering a new age in Saigon.

14. Madison Nguyen-
This song is about vice mayor of San Jose Madison Nguyen, she is supposed to represent a sense of accomplishment and an extension of how the war basically tore the country apart, united it, then eventually bred individuals that were successful away from the country. Madison sort of represents that. Shes giving a speech about diversity which I enjoyed. I worked on her campaign in 2010. However due to the fact that my twitter feed is a bunch of fukking nonsense, I dont think she wants me endorsing her. She also one of the flyest females in politics, fukk a Sarah Palin, we got Madison, thats why shes in that corner of my cover.

Last edited:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
2. French Indochina-
This song to me one of the best on the album , the song itself is a french sample, its supposed to symbolize the last frontier of French domination and how basically the dialogue explains how some citizens hung on until the very, bitter end. It is a melancholy piece of dialogue and a sense of finality
and acceptance. Someone told me I should get Jay Electronica to rap on it, Jay Elec doesnt even acknowledge his own album, let alone some bum ass non name such as myself.

11. Em Di Tren Co Non-

This is a Vietnamese standard I sampled and the first song I made for the album, this is one everyone seems to love. This is one of the most hip hop friendly beats i made for the album.

Ayo...these right here...

these are the kind of beats Kanye is charging $50,000 for.

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Ayo...these right here...

these are the kind of beats Kanye is charging $50,000 for.

thanks. maybe someday friend. However, ill just tell yall, unless you make your own name as a producer, the moment people hear the samples rappers just instantly fukking turn you down. I have tried and tried and countless named rappers have fukked with my beats and then turned it down because they dont want to deal with the samples the last few years. If you dont have that trance/trap/drill sound you get no fukking love. So i am better off releasing these shyts on my own and hope someone fukking notices.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
@Cole Cash didn't know we had Vietnamese people on here. Will cop your album tomorrow breh. :salute:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
thanks. maybe someday friend. However, ill just tell yall, unless you make your own name as a producer, the moment people hear the samples rappers just instantly fukking turn you down. I have tried and tried and countless named rappers have fukked with my beats and then turned it down because they dont want to deal with the samples the last few years. If you dont have that trance/trap/drill sound you get no fukking love. So i am better off releasing these shyts on my own and hope someone fukking notices.

I get it, it's a money thing.

But dig - you prolly doin' it the right way. This chit got a theme like Droop-E when he did that tape with all the Sade samples.

Have you ever considered rapping on them yourself?

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
@Cole Cash didn't know we had Vietnamese people on here. Will cop your album tomorrow breh. :salute:

I am a black man by way of brazil. I just like other cultures. I am however, from San Jose, where you got a huge vietnamese population, they walkin round lookin right with them thick legs got a nikka like :noah:

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
I get it, it's a money thing.

But dig - you prolly doin' it the right way. This chit got a theme like Droop-E when he did that tape with all the Sade samples.

Have you ever considered rapping on them yourself?

I get asked this question alot, I dont rap because its not how i express myself. I can dj/produce etc but i cant rap, i never tried and never will. Some people know their lane and i know mine. I also have a phobia of people staring and looking at me, its why i wear a mask because id be djing at clubs and id get anxiety from people fukking staring at me, i wear the mask to help limit my vision and concentrate because i have stage fright. Also, there are WAY too many fukking rappers. I find it better to express myself like the jazz musicians i admired so much like coltrane, lee morgan, clifford brown, horace silver and roy ayers through pure chord progression and wordless expression.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
:salute:

I don't know how I feel about strictly instrumental albums, and I produce so it's kind of funny
finally no c-styles raps :blessed:. Sike Nah, good luck with the rehab thing
Got damn, i might f*ck around and buy number 11 from you ... that needs to be on my ALBUM!!

:why: I done spoke too soon