Texas
Date sent 10/14/2012 11:10:43 am
Subject: Electronic Arts: Notice of Proposed Settlement of Class Action

Claim ID#: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Please make a note of this Claim ID#.
Notice of Proposed Settlement of Class Action
United States Federal District Court for the Northern District of California
1301 Clay Street, Oakland, CA 94612
IF YOU ARE IN THE UNITED STATES AND BOUGHT A NEW COPY OF AN ELECTRONIC ARTS’ MADDEN NFL, NCAA FOOTBALL, OR ARENA FOOTBALL VIDEOGAME FOR XBOX, XBOX 360, PLAYSTATION 2, PLAYSTATION 3, GAMECUBE, PC, OR WII, WITH A RELEASE DATE OF JANUARY 1, 2005 TO JUNE 21, 2012, YOUR RIGHTS MAY BE AFFECTED.
Aga click aqui para una version en Espanol del aviso
Customers of Electronic Arts Inc. have filed a class action lawsuit alleging that Electronic Arts violated their rights under federal and California law.
The Court has allowed the lawsuit to be a class action on behalf of all persons in the United States who purchased a new copy of an Electronic Arts’ Madden NFL, NCAA Football, or Arena Football videogame for Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, GameCube, PC, or Wii, with a release date of January 1, 2005 to June 21, 2012.
Electronic Arts has denied any liability and all allegations of misconduct. The Court has not decided whether the Plaintiffs’ claims have any merit. However, your legal rights are affected, and you have a choice to make now:

Dam. Let's see if this holds up in court. http://echo.bluehornet.com/hostedem...739e442248858e59f3b3bb0cae74e802&ei=NTwkOLNHN

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

sm0ke

Lin Kuei
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
Haven't they been sued before for anti-competitive practices? Didn't go anywhere.

Would be nice, but I think EA's second, third and fourth assertions protect them. If the owners of the license put rights up for bid, why shouldn't companies attempt to win the exclusive rights? They're wrong in that there's no discreet market for licensed football sims and that consumers weren't harmed by the exclusive license in EA's possession (i don't play NFL sims any more because of that).

They might also be wrong in that they never charged "supra-competitive" prices because of exclusivity, since 2K was charging $20 for 2k5, but Madden was still at the regular price for new games at that time, so that will probably favor them.

CoolazzFemale

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Small Town
i wish :wow: they only refunding the amount that EA profited on by having the monopoly

so its only like 15-20 bucks

still something :ohhh: last time i did this with the sketchers i got 80 bucks tho :cape:

Stingy b*stards.
Thought they were going to refund the retail amt of the game. :takedat:

Ahh well, companies deserve to get got. :ohlawd:

CoolazzFemale

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Small Town
I should claim 8 units on PC purchase.

How da fukk are ps3 claims lower than those of the ps2 claims?
ps3 game claims $1.95 ps2 game claims $6.79