Christopher Nolan is Hollywood’s Highest-Paid Director

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
We are getting paid in the heart string tugging dialogue, vivid imagery, and once in a lifetime experience he is providing us now that he is getting properly compensated for his art :ufdup:

See you there on the opening night :umad:

You're my boy. I love you. But heart string tugging dialogue??? From Nolan??:jbhmm:

Anyway props to him tho. Well deserved

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Peter Jackson made the entire LOTR trilogy on a budget of under 300 million, and made almost 3 billion. This was in the early 00's too, so if you think Nolan "earned" it and PJ didn't at the time you're out of your fukking mind.

LOTR was shot ALL at once ... that's why it was made for 300million. and thats why the profit was so large.. nobody believed it could work let alone filming all 3 simultaneously.. PJ got lucky

if they were made the way of today it would've been 250-300 per film as well as a 2 year wait in between... if you wanted yearly releases we would've ended up with divergent.. you see how the hobbit turned out

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Nolan reminds me of a young Ridley Scott.
Started off strong with movies with great stories and characters and being able to show that, but now he is all flash and no substance.
Can't knock the man for getting paid though

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
LOTR was shot ALL at once ... that's why it was made for 300million. and thats why the profit was so large.. nobody believed it could work let alone filming all 3 simultaneously.. PJ got lucky

if they were made the way of today it would've been 250-300 per film as well as a 2 year wait in between... if you wanted yearly releases we would've ended up with divergent.. you see how the hobbit turned out

I know he shot all of it at once, and the reason that happened was because of his commitment to the project. Luck had nothing to do with it.

he just made interstellar and he is all flash and no substance? lol

There's very little substance in Interstellar though. It's a good movie but it's really just high concept scifi for dumb people. Which sums up Nolan well. Pander to dumb people by making them think they're watching something smart.