can we agree that John Calipari and Roy Williams are not good coaches?

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
without top notch players they aint shyt. i'd take tom izzo and rick pitino over those bums

Daps
They're good recruiters, and normally they're good at maintaining team chemistry pushing their players to give a full effort (Cal this year being an exception).

But as far as X's and O's, game planning, in-game adjustments, yeah they're trash.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I mean....there are better coaches.

But dudes in here calling them bad coaches, bums or trash are either trolling or just flat out stupid.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
We lost 98% of our team to the NBA and then lost the #1 NBA draft pick and our best player to an ACL tear. We had 3 freshman and two transfers starting :heh: I think Calipari did well considering. Next year everyone will be :bow: it took Louisville 3 years to build this team, if they don't win the ship its pure bust status.

Jim Jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
They are the two best recruiters, but their x and o's are fukking trash it took Roy damn near 3/4 of the year to put Hairston at the 4.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
We're taking all of Roy's recruits so he's gonna keep getting exposed. You can't just start teaching freshman "X's and O's" you have to start with the fundamentals for most of these young players. Calipari is the BEST at coaching young talented players. Most coaches only have a chance to win once they've developed a team full of seniors. We have a chance almost every year and I think Calipari has learned from this year to not be caught empty handed.

Daps
Louisville 3 years to build this team, if they don't win the ship its pure bust status.

I dunno how Louisville factors into this, or how it took three years to build this team when there's only one senior on it, but oh well.

And keep in mind that UK wasn't anything close to a lock to make the tournament before Noel's injury, so don't play that card.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Cal is a horrible coach just a great salesman anybody that thinks different is just a homer

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
Compared to his "elite" peers, Roy is borderline bad at coaching.

:manny:

That's what always amazed me when he was at Kansas. Sure they won 20 games year in and year out, but he never actually won shyt. Yet ESPN wanted us all to feel like :gladbron: when he went home to Carolina. As a Mizzou fan I was happy to have him leave the conference but I only expected him to take his bullshyt to NC and hold them back from titles.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I dunno how Louisville factors into this, or how it took three years to build this team when there's only one senior on it, but oh well.

And keep in mind that UK wasn't anything close to a lock to make the tournament before Noel's injury, so don't play that card.
3 yrs = juniors.

You're telling me we would've lost all those games with Noel? He was the heart and soul of our team and I knew it was over when he went down. We had a cat starting at center who was a football player in high school. This is literally his FIRST year of playing basketball. Noel would've been DPOY and a potential POY candidate had he not been injured. He was improving at a rapid rate.

The only reason UK wouldn't be a "lock" is this shytty conference. You put us in the Big East and we still get in with a mediocre record like a lot of other teams. There are many teams who got in this year who you could argue replacing with teams like UK and Tennessee.

Cal is already improving on his recruiting style by getting more 3-4 star players, he has learned from this. Next year is going to be fun.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I think calipari was better when he didn't live and die based on freshmen. Now he just grabs the best players and put em out there. Roy Williams, I was never too sold on him being that he's always been put in situations that it's impossible to fail in. Williams does have 2 titles tho which I do think are better won titles than the one calipari won.