#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Can buddism save black Americans?

• Is Buddhism a Religion?

To many, Buddhism goes beyond religion and is more of a philosophy or 'way of life'. It is a philosophy because philosophy 'means love of wisdom' and the Buddhist path can be summed up as:

(1) to lead a moral life,
(2) to be mindful and aware of thoughts and actions, and
(3) to develop wisdom and understanding.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
If you look at the teachings of Buddha and the teachings of Jesus, they're practically the same thing. Of course other than the obvious.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Fool tag me but cant give a direct answer.....:snoop:

If you look at the teachings of Buddha and the teachings of Jesus, they're practically the same thing. Of course other than the obvious.

The same can be stated for Hinduism (or Sananta Dharma), in relations to the Uphanisad or the story of Arjuana and the 8 opposing questions. Or those that follow what is term as Ancient Kemet. Or the story of Mozi in the Mohist Philosophy. All of those of a bit relative however Taoism (or a some like term Daoism), Confucianism, Buddhism all coincide with the 3-ways. Mozi when you really cross-reference has a lot of precepts in particular with Confucianism (the ironic thing is Mozi or Micius were Rivals)

There isn't one answer to anything. It works for some and not for others...

Agree Somewhat. It begins with a level of thinking. Morale etc, the notion of right and wrong, good vs evil, exist outside of religion imo. Even, if you dont follow any religion you know that their is a difference between the two as it pertains to the aforementioned.

Last edited:

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
We need a revolutionrevolution

i could be wrong but idk think the blk situation in the UK is as bad and brainwashed as blk Americans

i would say it begins with a level of thinking or a change of our mindset to something indifferent (by indifferent i mean something we aren't use to....). You dont have to categorize it as Buddhism though. Good thread akhi

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Everything can save Black Americans apart from Black Americans :comeon:

Jesus, Buddha, Allah, list goes on...

When will the Afrikan become HIS OWN GOD!

Most are going to this regard this post, however this is key, Black Man/Black Woman in particular has became unidentifiable with his own nature, over time he has become diluted ( something that Frantz Fanon spoke on this in Black Skin White Masks), for African people in particular, universally, the self is experience as a social and spiritual collective. Study of self is needed before embracing anything.

Last edited:

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
The thing about Buddhism is they tell you to eliminate anger to lead to elightenment..but why would you eliminate a perfectly healthy human emotion which anger is? So if some killer blows my mom away with a shotgun I'm not supposed to be angry? Like even animals like dogs and bears get angry if you fukk with their young...and that emotion is supposed to be bad according to Buddhism ..