CALLING ALL TECH HEADS: IS THIS LAPTOP GOOD MONEY?

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I desperately need a new laptop. I'm looking for something to handle intermediate video editing (Thanks to @2gunsup ) and general web use/ HD video streaming. The specs are:

Toshiba Satellite $599.99 (I'm partial to Toshiba. Been using them for a long time.)

Intel® 4th Generation Core™ i5
1.6GHz (with Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz)
6GB RAM
750GB HDD
It has a CD/DVD drive and I want it out of preference.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/satelli...yid$abcat0502000&cp=1&lp=2#tab=specifications

What's the word?

@StatUS @2gunsup

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
I desperately need a new laptop. I'm looking for something to handle intermediate video editing (Thanks to @2gunsup ) and general web use/ HD video streaming. The specs are:

Toshiba Satellite $599.99 (I'm partial to Toshiba. Been using them for a long time.)

6GB RAM
750GB HDD

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/satelli...yid$abcat0502000&cp=1&lp=2#tab=specifications

What's the word?

@StatUS @2gunsup

The only knock against this laptop is the ULV Core i5. Its good for gen use but if you going to do video editing I would get the non ULV Core i5 at least.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only knock against this laptop is the ULV Core i5. Its good for gen use but if you going to do video editing I would get the non ULV Core i5 at least.
Thanks for the response. I have to ask you to explain the difference about the ULV Core i5 to me. Do I just search for a laptop with that processor?

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
I personally wouldn't go with anything other than an i7 for video editing but that's going to come at a premium.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Something like this Toshiba would be better for video editing. You get a Quad-Core i7, Dedicated Graphics Card (which is really a necessity for you anyway), 8GB of RAM and still have a CD ROM Drive for only about $190 more.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/satelli...yid$pcmcat247400050000&cp=1&lp=5#tab=overview

You're gonna want those kind of specs if you ever get deeper into editing. But that one you listed isn't bad at all and will do just fine depending on what you're doing.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally wouldn't go with anything other than an i7 for video editing but that's going to come at a premium.
Thanks for the information.

This Toshiba would be better for video editing. You get a Quad-Core i7, Dedicated Graphics Card (which is really a necessity for you anyway), 8GB of RAM and still have a CD ROM Drive for only about $190 more.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/satelli...yid$pcmcat247400050000&cp=1&lp=5#tab=overview

You're gonna want those kind of specs if you ever get deeper into editing. But that one you listed isn't bad at all and will do just find depending on what you're doing.
I have no problem spending the difference but how long would you estimate the computer's life span. The one I'm on now, I've run it into the ground for 4 years. I'd like to get at least 3 solid years out of this one. I do plan to limit my use of it as well.

EDIT: Not available anywhere near me nor online.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Thanks for the information.

I have no problem spending the difference but how long would you estimate the computer's life span. The one I'm on now, I've run it into the ground for 4 years. I'd like to get at least 3 solid years out of this one. I do plan to limit my use of it as well.
Couldn't tell you. When things are mass manufactured there's always a chance of a problem. As long as you take care of it and maybe get a protection plan on it you'll have no worries. Laptops these days are made way better than the past and with better specs of course you'll usually get better build quality.

My favorite brands are Asus and Lenovo but Toshiba aint really any different and most of these companies have the same part in them.

But that Quad i7 and Dedicated GPU is a must :yeshrug:

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Thanks for the response. I have to ask you to explain the difference about the ULV Core i5 to me. Do I just search for a laptop with that processor?
A ULV (Ultra low voltage) is a lower power consuming version of their reg mobile cpu's. They put battery life first while still having decent performance for everyday use including office work. But for video editing or playing games they dont have enough cpu speed and the i7 UlV does not not have 4 cores like the non ulv mobile i7 does. Now it just depends on what you want better battery life or faster speed for heavy duty tasks like video editing?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

6GB RAM
750GB HDD

What's the word?

@StatUS @2gunsup

No it's not I got one of those for my girl there struggle laptops. But there good for what she needs it for...

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A ULV (Ultra low voltage) is a lower power consuming version of their reg mobile cpu's. They put battery life first while still having decent performance for everyday use including office work. But for video editing or playing games they dont have enough cpu speed and the i7 UlV does not not have 4 cores like the non ulv mobile i7 does. Now it just depends on what you want better battery life or faster speed for heavy duty tasks like video editing?
Thanks. I see why you brought that up. I'd like the faster speed so it seems that I still have some looking to do.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanks. What would you recommend?

What kind of rice? White or brown?
LOL

Depends what you need it for I honestly would of been better off getting her a 2 in 1 like an asus t100