Calling ALL Rappers: Coli Rap Competition

hatechall

Banned
Daps
Reppin
universe
Here's my proposal. We should have a competition in which we post our best songs. NOT full mixtapes, just what you feel is your best song. We let the members of this site decide whose is the best as determined by numbers of daps. Let's be honest...nobody's clicking our links any damn way. This would be a good way for EVERYBODY here to get some exposure.

Whoever gets the most daps would win x amount of "coli cash" and get more exposure for their music. Who's willing to participate? This could be big of you nikkas aren't 'fraid of competition.
Not in this thread, but in another one. Let me know and we can work out the details later.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Here's my proposal. We should have a competition in which we post our best songs. NOT full mixtapes, just what you feel is your best song. We let the members of this site decide whose is the best as determined by numbers of daps. Let's be honest...nobody's clicking our links any damn way. This would be a good way for EVERYBODY here to get some exposure.

Whoever gets the most daps would win x amount of "coli cash" and get more exposure for their music. Who's willing to participate? This could be big of you nikkas aren't 'fraid of competition.
Not in this thread, but in another one. Let me know and we can work out the details later.

I actually think this is a good idea, but instead of basing it on daps, just make a poll instead and have brackets like how the audio/beat tourneys did because if you asked every nikka who raps on here to submit 4 songs to listen to it would take forever to get through that shyt.

Just randomly match up two coli emcees and they put their 4 best songs against each other and winner goes to the next round.

It's one thing to be good at battling or making beats, but it's another thing to be able to craft actual songs that are dope and liked by the masses so that's why I liked the thought of something like this.

Props

hatechall

Banned
Daps
Reppin
universe
I actually think this is a good idea, but instead of basing it on daps, just make a poll instead and have brackets like how the audio/beat tourneys did because if you asked every nikka who raps on here to submit 4 songs to listen to it would take forever to get through that shyt.

Just randomly match up two coli emcees and they put their 4 best songs against each other and winner goes to the next round.

It's one thing to be good at battling or making beats, but it's another thing to be able to craft actual songs that are dope and liked by the masses so that's why I liked the thought of something like this.

Props

Cool. Not completely understanding how that would work. But it's whatever. Since I'm new here I don't know about the audio/beat tournament but competition is dope regardless of how its done. So I'm open to your suggestion.

I don't know who all raps here, otherwise I would tag them to this thread or conversation them.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Cool. Not completely understanding how that would work. But it's whatever. Since I'm new here I don't know about the audio/beat tournament but competition is dope regardless of how its done. So I'm open to your suggestion.

I don't know who all raps here, otherwise I would tag them to this thread or conversation them.

Ok cool, I understand.

Those tourneys were run by single elimination in a bracket system. In the rap tourney 2 cats would post up a verse dissing each other and in the beat tourney it was 2 producers posting up beats against each other. You would get about 3-5 days to vote on who had the better offering and who ever won would proceed to the next round until you got to the remaining 2 artists and they would go at it in the finals.

It worked out good each time and everyone enjoyed it for the most part.

The only thing with your concept, prolly should limit the offering from 4 to 2 songs per artist. Some cats might not have the catalog or time to keep posting up 4 songs in each battle.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

hatechall

Banned
Daps
Reppin
universe
Ok cool, I understand.

Those tourneys were run by single elimination in a bracket system. In the rap tourney 2 cats would post up a verse dissing each other and in the beat tourney it was 2 producers posting up beats against each other. You would get about 3-5 days to vote on who had the better offering and who ever won would proceed to the next round until you got to the remaining 2 artists and they would go at it in the finals.

It worked out good each time and everyone enjoyed it for the most part.

The only thing with your concept, prolly should limit the offering from 4 to 2 songs per artist. Some cats might not have the catalog or time to keep posting up 4 songs in each battle.

Ah, I see what you're saying now. I couldn't participate in a rap battle dissing other members because it's not my music. I'm promoting my friend's shyt. I actually think the bracket system would be best but I couldn't do it unfortunately.

And my concept only involved posting one song. Just one...not sure where you got four from? Four songs would definitely be too much. Nobody has the patience to sit through four. No more than one or two for sure under my proposed system.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ah, I see what you're saying now. I couldn't participate in a rap battle dissing other members because it's not my music. I'm promoting my friend's shyt. I actually think the bracket system would be best but I couldn't do it unfortunately.

And my concept only involved posting one song. Just one...not sure where you got four from? Four songs would definitely be too much. Nobody has the patience to sit through four. No more than one or two for sure under my proposed system.

ok my bad. I read our as four in the OP :snoop::mjlol:

yeah 1 song would suffice (2 tops)

Props on the suggestion though. Hopefully others like it too.

hatechall

Banned
Daps
Reppin
universe
Oh, and if we go with my system it's definitely better to do a poll rather than daps. You're right about that. Imma log back on later so we could hammer out the details.

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So we talking a best song tournament?

It seems like a logical progression, we know who the best rappers are, who the best beat makers are, let's see who the best song makers are...

All the top songs could easily be put together for a coli project afterwards...

That sounds interesting as hell..