SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Example

Stephen-Curry-Hair-e1515169380903.jpg

14-mens-short-hairstyle-for-natural-hair.jpg

Right now my hair is like this

content-067884.jpg

But way shorter I don't think I have an inch long of hair but I got this texture I guess

Any brehs rocking this look ?

Ya boy out here in these streets, just looking to do something new with my hair. I always get the same regular cut. Also where I'm from bytches be digging that messy hair shyt. Started hitting back the gym and getting proper rest too.

Any brehs got any tips ?

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Yea I've been seeing the sponge on youtube, so is it a case where I just let it grow out then use the sponge at the top ? Also any alternative to the sponge ? I'e seen one or two videos where a brush was used. Does that work ?
The dread sponge is like $5-10 for 2 of them. Another thing you can do is use a towel (face or microfiber) on your hair when it’s damp. Rub it either clock or counter clockwise (it doesn’t matter which way, just remember to keep going that direction from now on). Depending how hard you rub it, you can get the fake curls/twists or make it full blown freeform dreads, that’s what I did. I got a lot of compliments on it with people asking how I got it that way.

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
whenever u do get that sponge if u really want it, be careful not to go overboard woth it unless u wanna start freeform locs. If u got tight 4c type hair itll loc up quick. I caution because i now have a lot of split ends from how much i was rubbing my hair with that thing.:flabbynsick:

Give it a try but ultimately let ur hair express itself:salute:

find u a shorty with shrinkage and get that oiled up scalp rub:ahh:

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
whenever u do get that sponge if u really want it, be careful not to go overboard woth it unless u wanna start freeform locs. If u got tight 4c type hair itll loc up quick. I caution because i now have a lot of split ends from how much i was rubbing my hair with that thing.:flabbynsick:

Give it a try but ultimately let ur hair express itself:salute:

find u a shorty with shrinkage and get that oiled up scalp rub:ahh:
got a regular sponge that I put holes in, saw someone do that on YouTube. I'm just letting it grow for now, I'm not sure if my hair isn't long enough yet but when I do the sponge thing it just makes my hair look knotty not curly

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
got a regular sponge that I put holes in, saw someone do that on YouTube. I'm just letting it grow for now, I'm not sure if my hair isn't long enough yet but when I do the sponge thing it just makes my hair look knotty not curly

I was tight once I saw my girl use my old sponge and her hair knotted up instantly and it looked so dope, her hair was dry and everything and it worked perfectly. I use to sit in my car waiting for my car to heat up and rubbing my shyt wholetime. Then when I got home I would keep it up, then I inevitably would have to wash my hair and everything would be lost. I got my beadybeadys goin right from the hair I left alone after i stopped getting my tapers and stuff

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Gotta get a shape up and tell the barber to finish it off with a sponge:wow:

This is my hair right now, does it need to be a lot longer than that ? I started using coconut and castor oil. Should I use some type of curl gel ?

Last edited:

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
lmao. Yea fam you need to let it grow for a month then get the sponge treatment. the hoes gonna start checkin you out once you leave the shop :youngsabo:
shyt I got some way to go. Aite breh I'll let it rock for about a month. Never grew my hair out before

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
r8oBZAj.jpg

This is my hair right now, does it need to be a lot longer than that ? I started using coconut and castor oil. Should I use some type of curl gel ?

you covering you shyt in rice?
that's the real cheat code.

if you don't see rice on your barber's floor then you are fukking up.