Booker Wright: Suffer in Silence

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
remember...keep that smile

:wow:

While you won’t find Booker Wright’s name in any history books, he is an unsung hero whose legacy continues to inspire, many decades later. He was a local African-American waiter in Greenwood, MS who worked at a local “whites only” restaurant. After going on national television to deliver a stunning and heartfelt monologue about his true feelings about serving the white community, his life was forever changed.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
:wow:

90% of us know this rule and have internalized it. this is why White people are so outraged when they discover how Black people feel about their behaviors, "well Bobby never appeared to have any issue with me, you must surely be mistaken"

suffer in silence

Consequences of the broadcast

Following the broadcast of the NBC documentary, Wright quit his job at the all-white restaurant after being shunned by customers. He was severely pistol-whippedby a policeman, and his own restaurant, Booker’s Place was firebombed.[10] Wright was eventually murdered by an African American customer.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
:ohhh: breh this is what Paula Deen was pedaling at her restaurants (a minstrel show)

that... "dat's a good nigg3r, dat's My nigg3r"

:to:how he struggled for his seed breh. His bloodline not to go through what he did. Its tragic yet beautiful seeing his granddaughter now

Last edited:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
This was tragic, and almost brought a tears to my eyes. We need are youth to understand the past hardships our elders endured this shyt is infuriated

at the end of the Dateline video the one black man who makes money off of 'the blues' tour stated that.

"A lot of the people who gave us the blues now are making money off of it...that doesn't sit to well with most of us"

this was in reference to a White person who owns the place Emmitt Till whistled at a white woman and now wants 6 figures for the memorial site. This is the same White person who was a JUROR who acquitted the killer :upsetfavre:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Daps
Reppin
VOID
Word up.

I'll say this from working at a food place in DUMBO where it's mostly black people...there are a great deal of white people out there that view black people with a servant mentality as if the only purpose they have is to serve them and clean up their messes. That think black people are too incompetent to handle anything else and would falter in any higher position. It's not deliberate either...it's basically unconcious racism on their part.

Basically, working there, the only black people I see there are working in the stores serving people food, pushing around lily white babies in strollers (ewwwwww), and cleaning up the trash in the area. Occasionally you'll see a couple of black people enjoying the treats of the area (more women than men) and patronizing those stores...but that's really it.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
This is what I try to get through to guys, here. We complain SO MUCH about the current state of black folk and the "lack of progress"

We forget that we are blessed to be able to hit up Twitter, thecoli, etc. and complain, while sittin' in a whatever food spot we want. Yea, we might get funny looks, but, there's no "Whites Only" signs.

I try to do better to appreciate what I have, even in tough times. I can do better.

I keep this on my wall.

prints_24x36_history.jpg

Bought it in Memphis.

History Print | National Civil Rights Museum

It's our time to step up after what our people have already suffered. I have to do better...me...:guilty: