Black Art/Independent Films

xx001234448

Visual Storyteller
Daps
If you're a fan of art/independent films and wanna see more made by and starring people who look like us, then hopefully this thread can be a resource and place of discussion.

"Killer of Sheep" by Charles Burnett is a really interesting film, with great cinematography. It was made in 1979 and became more famous over the years as more and more people rediscovered it. Check it out if you already haven't.

killer-of-sheep_poster-lg.jpg

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
This one was pretty good, you guys should check it out as well.

Seen that in SF when it was released..me and my gurl walked out the theater 3/4 in..seems like some locals made it and the only way they could get it into the theater was because they knew the owners..Did he continue the relationship with her since her lover was on vacation? Didnt see the end

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
nikkas dont know how to make arthouse/independent type films

all nikkas make is lame ass g-movies like baller blockin and paper soldiers with d-list rappers

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
Sometimes its good to sit out of some discussions breh... sit this one out.

prove me wrong, is there a black momento out there that nobody has found? is there a black a scanner darkly im missing out on, if not than sit down honky

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
prove me wrong, is there a black momento out there that nobody has found? is there a black a scanner darkly im missing out on, if not than sit down honky

nikka you don't have some sense to read the original post? its not about replicating what white filmmakers have done.....five fukking posts in people post examples and your corny lame cac ass come in here mentioning baller blocking. And i;m quite sure OP is getting more examples than you seated there with certainty saying there are none.

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
nikka you don't have some sense to read the original post? its not about replicating what white filmmakers have done.....five fukking posts in people post examples and your corny lame cac ass come in here mentioning baller blocking. And i;m quite sure OP is getting more examples than you seated there with certainty saying there are none.

nikka that killer of sheep look like some ol african booty scratcher subtitle needing BULL-shyt