UPDATE: Beverly Hills Cop (TV Series): starring D'Tective Russell - cancelled by the LWO network

Daps
The original Eddie Murphy-clothed Beverly Hills Cop is great, the sequel entertaining, the third one absolutely unnecessary, and the TV series, well let's just say it trends down the same line that writer/producer @CantStop's latest straight-to-dvd sexploitation project did [Midwestern PAWG in L.A: No Rim Protection.- starring Julius Randle] - absolutely nowhere. The show is plagued with back-in-the-day, purple-and-yellow lens flashbacks desperately trying to recreate the 'magic' of the Showtime Era and the writer's one-hit wonder franchise The Black Mamba; unfortunately it falls flat and further adds to the claims that this once highly regarded writer's work was carried by the late-Sir Bean Bryant. Without the five-time Academy award-winner as his protagonist to deflect away from his lack of originality, humor, style, grace and awareness - @CantStop's left to scrape the bottom of his own bare barrel.

Dubbed the next "superstar", D'Angelo Russell just doesn't have the acting chops to carry this canon franchise, and would be more suitable for a lesser role or even as an extra. Filled with slow paced Police scanner-centric laughs and a tired mise-en-scène, it seems @CantStop has never been able to get the Meisner-casting right: Xavier Henry, Kendall Marshall, Devin Ebanks, Jodie Meeks, Andrew Goudelock. All victims of his wrath in recent years. Is this another sign of him losing his touch, or is it a sign that he didn't have any touch to begin with?

@CantStop is a hack, we've all known this from the very start. If it weren't for Sir Bean Bryant (god rest his soul), his career would be a mere footnote. This latest TV-adaption only reaffirms those beliefs. I will not be tuning into another episode - he won't be fooling me again.
:picard:

Those reviews seem a bit harsh, but after checking out the teaser I guess not -

Last edited:

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
BsDfNXx.png

He has 20 bad games and his stans run away....one good game and they come out....2 days later they are nowhere to be found after he comes right back down to earth. TRASH

TJ has owned him from the NCAA Tourney and still does till this day....

Daps
I want to be the first dude to bring up how Emmanuel Mudiay is on the fast track to being phased out the league, but I don't have a dog in this rivalry
After being injured on set while doing his own stunts, Emmanuel Mudiay is set to resume his role at a later date in time for next season's series. Veteran Jameer Nelson (co-star of Van Gundy's The Chronicles of Orlando: the Coward, the Hedonist and The Interview) will fill in while Mudiay rests up. Shooting will begin in Denver next summer.
:ehh:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead:

T.J McConnell owns this dudes soul its incredible. Random ass fkin rivalry.

Russell has to be the most unremarkable player in the league.....you see dude and the way he acts you would think his game is electric but homie like 21 and plays like he's 45 with a bad hip an shyt. Ball gonna push this nicca to the bench.