Beverly Hills Cop 4 With Eddie Murphy Looks To Begin Filming This Summer

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
beverly_hills_cop_4_42610.jpg

Jerry Bruckheimer has been extremely vocal about potential projects while on the publicity trial for his new book, "When Lightning Strikes." He has floated the Top Gun 2 theory about Maverick versus military drones to multiple outlets. And now he’s dropping fresh details about a fourth Beverly Hills Cop movie, which still appears to be centered around Eddie Murphy’s fast-talking police officer, Axel Foley.

During an interview with Bloomberg (which you can view below), Bruckheimer said that they are still finishing the script for Beverly Hills Cop 4 -- or whatever it ends up being called – with tentative plans to shoot in a few months.

He said:

We're in the process of getting the script finished. Paramount is very excited about making it, Eddie is very excited, Brett Ratner is excited about doing it, so I think we're moving forward. Hopefully we'll start end of summer, beginning of fall and get rolling on it. We're going to take Eddie back to Detroit - he's going to be in Beverly Hills and we take him to Detroit. So we're going to have some fun with him, he's really excited about doing it."

You had me at Murphy. Then you lost me a little bit at Ratner. But I circled back around at the idea of bringing Murphy back to Detroit. The fish-out-of-water scenario from the initial movie flips its script a bit to see if a now-pampered police officer can go back to his gritty, Motown roots. Intriguing.

And, it will be in a theater. As you might recall, CBS entertained the notion of bringing the Cop story back to life as a weekly police procedural, with Brandon T. Jackson as Foley’s son – also a cop. The pilot never got picked up by the network, and plans for a forth movie instead continued to move along.

Bruckheimer ran through a few other quick updates on planned projects, but didn’t share any significant news. When it comes to a fifth Pirates of the Caribbean movie, the producer says it’s "hopefully moving forward" (which is a back track from a sequel that already had a title and a villain). And the Top Gun sequel is in the works… as it has been for years. Here’s the Bruckheimer interview in its entirety. We’re going to go listen to "Axel F" on a loop for the rest of the day.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
way to long

really supposed to believe a 53 year old axel foley is still a hard nosed detroit cop

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I remember when this first was rumored/announced they said it might (maybe jokingly, who knows for sure) be PG-13...hope that still isn't the case.

It would be fukking Rush Hour, starting Eddie fukking Murphy if that happens...and RH 3 was abysmal.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
This has literally been announced like 5 times in the last decade....including once a TV show which didn't make it to series.

Brett Ratner :mjlol:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually liked the son idea...depending on who they paired him with. No way do we need to see Eddie's old ass running around like it's 1984 though. :patrice:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
The first one is a top 5 comedy for me, hell might even be a top 10 movie, and the second was ok....but the third one :scusthov: I really dont know how i feel about this...or the sequel to twins with him in it also....

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It would be a good idea if they made him the Chief of Police in this movie. I believe this would give them plenty of flexibility to write a good story.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I'm still trying to figure out how he had the BALLS to make that 3rd one. First two were classics. Right script is all this needs. He was on that Ellen show and said he didn't want to make anymore movies that sucked. I mean, the nicca got so much bread he got lazy. Eddie still spending that 80s and 90s dough. I wouldn't be surprised to see him just pop up and do stand up again one day