Bet on Black: 24 Legacy

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
After the 24: Live Another Day event series, which extending the original series with another chapter featuring Jack Bauer & Co., Fox is going for a full reboot with 24: Legacy, a new ongoing series with new all-new characters. Fox has given a pilot order to the project, from the 24 trio of Howard Gordon, Manny Coto and Evan Katz, which has original star Kiefer Sutherland as an executive producer, along with Brian Grazer. (He is not expected to reprise his role as Bauer, at least not in the pilot).

The new 24 series will revolve around a military hero’s return to the U.S. and the trouble that follows him back – compelling him to ask CTU for help in saving his life, and stopping what potentially could be one of the largest-scale terror attacks on American soil. I hear the twentysomething man, Eric Carter, was conceived as an African American, and the actors approached for the part so far all have been black. The female lead is a woman with a long history at the agency, a former head of CTU. 24: Legacy which retains the original’s real-time format with split screens and complex interweaving storylines, each episode representing one hour of an eventful day. Stephen Hopkins, who directed the original 24 pilots, is on board to direct the 24: Legacy.

The pilot order comes after Gordon, Coto and Katz delivered a script in December, which was very enthusiastically received at Fox.

24: Legacy is produced by 20th Century Fox Television, Imagine Television and Gordon’s Teakwood Lane Productions. Howard Gordon, Brian Grazer, Manny Coto, Evan Katz and Kiefer Sutherland are executive producers.

The original series, which ran for 8 seasons, was created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran. It won an Emmy for best drama series when Sutherland won for best actor in a drama series.

Fox Orders Pilot For New '24' Series With Young Black Hero To Succeed Jack Bauer

Al Simmons

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Good shyt but whoever they get got big shoes to fill. Here's to him
cheers_leonardo_dicaprio.gif

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm torn on this. To me Jack Bauer is 24 but I also love seeing black people get work.

Truth be told, it's a great conceit for a series that can go on and probably should go on, very similarly to james bond. The only difference is, you can't replace sutherland with another actor to play jack bauer so the best idea is to cast a new character

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Truth be told, it's a great conceit for a series that can go on and probably should go on, very similarly to james bond. The only difference is, you can't replace sutherland with another actor to play jack bauer so the best idea is to cast a new character
The problem with a black lead is though is while it works in some respects (ie being America's most wanted criminal/vigilante) it doesn't in others like what terrorist would want to kidnap a black man when that gives them no leverage in negotiations?

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Damn now it's certain it's flopping I give it two seasons at most

What they should have done is give closure to that last episode of 24 have Jack retire and have the new guy take over for him like passing the torch

People won't give it a chance without Jack being involved to pass the torch

Add the racial dynamic now and it's an ensured flop hate to say it

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Damn now it's certain it's flopping I give it two seasons at most

What they should have done is give closure to that last episode of 24 have Jack retire and have the new guy take over for him like passing the torch

People won't give it a chance without Jack being involved to pass the torch

Add the racial dynamic now and it's an ensured flop hate to say it

Ok I was going to ignore this but are you serious? So because it's a black lead that equals a flop? Yeah cause black ish isn't on the air anymore and there are no channels dedicated to black programming in existence and empire isn't the biggest show on network tv. You're right how silly of them