"Batman" Reboot Coming 2016?

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio
We have some more news to share with you, and this time it is in regards to the reboot of the Batman franchise.

Previously, news came out about the Justice League Movie being written by Will Beall, and we were informed that the upcoming Man of Steel movie would be spearheading a new DC shared universe.

With The Dark Knight Rises being the last of Christopher Nolan's Batman movies, Warner Bros. is obviously looking to reboot the Batman franchise.

I'm told that a new Batman movie might be slated for 2016 following the Justice League Movie, and it will not be an origin story (like Amazing Spider-Man), but will feature a Batman who is entering his second year as a hero.

The film may also be called "The Batman," though I can't be sure on that as the 2004 animated series was of the same title which featured a Batman in his third year.

Also, this new Batman will be part of the same shared DC Universe that features the Justice League Movie as well as having Henry Cavill in the role of Superman in Justice League and subsequent sequels to the Man of Steel.

The info comes from our source who has previously provided us information about the Green Lantern movie, The Dark Knight Rises and the Man of Steel.

Exclusive: Batman Movie Reboot To Feature Batman As Second Year Hero; Ties Into Justice League Movie - Cosmic Book News

"The Dark Knight Rises" will likely not be able to surpass "The Dark Knight" at the box office, but is already shaping up to be a huge moneymaker for Warner Bros. With Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale not returning for any more installments, it's not surprising that the studio has been making plans to once again reboot the franchise.

According to CBN, Warners will proceed with a new Batman movie immediately after the release of "Man of Steel" in 2013 and before the release of "Justice League of America." Regarding the reboot's plot, the site's source explained: "It will not be an origin story, but will feature a Batman who is entering his second year as a hero."

This makes some sense, since Warners has been trying to match the success of Marvel's "The Avengers." Despite the fact that Henry Cavill is contractually set to return as Superman in "Justice League of America," it became clear early on that Bale never intended to return as Batman.

Rebooting the Batman franchise immediately after "Man of Steel" will give the studio a new Superman and a new Batman, both of which will then star in "Justice League of America."

Meanwhile, during the "Total Recall" press conference, Colin Farrell was asked if he would like to be the next Batman. "The kid part in me would say 'Yeah, for sure,'" he replied. "But Christian did such a brilliant job. I'm not saying I've got the call, but I'm not sure if it's something I'd be interested in."

Read more: Batman Reboot Coming Next Year? | WorstPreviews.com

Batman Reboot Coming Next Year? | WorstPreviews.com

Thoughts? Looks like they're going to soon than later with Justice League announced. Colin Ferrall as Batman though? :heh:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:leon:

That's bold as fukk. I thought Nolan crushed the possibility of a reboot for at least 10 years?

I guess WB saw all dat Avengers money and want to be able to pull of the same shyt a Justice League. :manny:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they really want to make a Justice League movie, they should have Joseph-Gordon Levitt as the new Batman. With the exception of JGL, none of the other TDK trilogy actors should be involved in order to protect the integrity of the trilogy if the newer Batman movies fail.

However I do think they should be produced by the Nolans' production company, Syncopy, since Man of Steel is being released under that banner.

So you can have a Justice League movie starring Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Henry Cavill and WB can just act like they've been planning this since Batman Begins (2005).

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Batman and Superman existing in the same universe is :scusthov: to me.

I know that'll make the comic book nerds angry but fukk Superman.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Batman and Superman existing in the same universe is :scusthov: to me.

I know that'll make the comic book nerds angry but fukk Superman.
its not fukk superman, Nolan's Man of Steel looks like its gonna be damn good.

i dont see any reboot of Batman in the near future doing well, Nolan didnt even have that much hype to live up to (given that the Batman's after Returns sucked royally) but he created 3 masterpieces that won't be easy to top.

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
The only way a JL film would work is if the director only focused on Batman/Superman/Wonderwoman's stories. And even that will probably be too much for one 2 hour film..

then later add on The Flash/Green lantern etc.... in the sequels

Unlike Marvel this isn't gonna have the luxury of having like 6 films prior to help build the back story.