#BandCamp...We Still Marching: Juan Carlos Payano vs Rau'Shee Warren Fight Thread - Aug 2nd, 2015

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Rau'shee Warren, 3-time Olympian, to vie for Juan Carlos Payano's title

7/3/2015 - Boxing
  • i

Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer
    Close
    • 2013 BWAA Nat Fleischer Award winner for excellence in boxing journalism
    • ESPN.com boxing writer since 2005
    • Five years at USA Today

Bantamweight Rau'shee Warren, the only three-time U.S. Olympic boxer, will become the first member of the 2012 U.S. squad to fight for a professional world title.

Warren will challenge Juan Carlos Payano for his 118-pound belt on Aug. 2 at Full Sail Live on the campus of Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida, Warriors Boxing announced on Thursday night. The fight will headline the debut of Premier Boxing Champions' "The Next Round" on Bounce TV (9 p.m. ET). The PBC cards on Bounce TV will typically feature up-and-coming fighters rather than the more established boxers getting airtime on the PBC's other outlets on NBC, CBS, ESPN and Spike TV.

Warren (13-0, 4 KOs), a 28-year-old southpaw from Cincinnati, represented the United States in the 2004, 2008 and 2012 Olympics, although he was eliminated in the first round of each competition. He turned pro in November 2012 and has faced limited opposition so far. Payano will represent a major step up in competition.

Payano (16-0, 8 KOs), 31, of the Dominican Republic, a pro since 2010, will be making his first title defense. He scored a major upset in September in Mesquite, Texas, by winning a six-round technical decision to dethrone long-reigning titleholder Anselmo Moreno. Payano was a two-time Olympian, in 2004 and 2008.

Bantamweight Rau'shee Warren to challenge 118-pound belt holder Juan Carlos Payano

wpid-wp-1437407832624.jpeg

band-camp-logo1.png

Now, that I got all THAT generic bullshyt out the way....let me unzip my #BandCamp Varsity Jacket and give you the usual #BandCamp intro:smugbiden:
200.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is @Newzz and on Sunday, August 2nd, 2015, my OTHER Client makes his return to TV in Winter Park, Florida....more specifically, at the prestigious FSU Campus (:youngsabo:) in the Main Event of "Premier Boxing Champions: The Next Round" shown exclusively on Bounce TV, feeding us even more after Sunday dinner.:feedme:

Normally, I would use this spot to brag about how there's no doubt that any event my most known client takes part in is viewed on the televisions of millions....
200.gif
....and I mean MILLIONS of homes around the world with everyone wondering what and how he will put on a helluva show:whoo:, however this time....it's a little different:whoa:

You see this time, #BandCamp is breaking in a new name to the world that doesnt know him.:ahh:

This time, #BandCamp is back and we're fighting for a Championship:ohlawd:

This time, we're gonna get revenge for what they've done to AB & the Cold Crush:demonic:

You see, THIS fight pits current undefeated WBA Bantamweight Champion and the #2 RING Ranked Bantamweight In The World

showimage.php

vs

The only 3x Olympic Boxer in USA history, who also happens to be undefeated as well, and is also the 1st and only person from the 2012 US Olympic Team to fight for a Championship thus far:wow:

Rau+shee+Warren+Paulie+Malignaggi+v+Adrien+MxH0mdmRL_kl.jpg

Juan Carlos Payano, who comes into the fight with a record of 16-0 (8 wins via KO), is coming off of a 6th round TD of former Champion and #3 RING ranked Bantamweight Anselmo Moreno, where due to the fight being stopped because of an accidental head butt suffered in the 2nd round which opened up a cut over Payano's eye, Payano won the Championship when they went to the scorecards and he was ahead on all 3 cards due to the rather wide lead he had gained from good work:obama:

payano-dethrones-moreno.jpg

Rau'Shee "Baby Pit" Warren, who comes into the fight with an unblemished record of 13-0 (with 4 wins coming via KO), is coming off a an easy outing where he KOd Javier Gallo in 1 round....showing off power that he normally doesnt have. Since the gif of that beautiful KO is not online, I'll use the "after" pictures to show you how well Gallo took the power

Raushee-Warren2-550x562.jpg

Javier-Gallo-Rau-shee-Warren-Box_12_12_14_110331-1024x683.jpg

Javier-Gallo-Rau-shee-Warren-Box_12_12_14_110355.jpg

Javier-Gallo-Rau-shee-Warren-Box_12_12_14_110425-1024x682.jpg

:smugbiden:

This fight is actually a very good matchup of undefeated talents and Im surprised this wasnt saved for another card:leon:

No doubt, many of you will tune in to watch with malicious hatred in your hearts and in hopes of #BandCamp taking another set-back loss in our illustrious stanning career, and keep us from acquiring another World Championship, but in the words of Marlo, "You want it to be one way, but it's the other way":mjpls:

#BandCamp

1336334519_IMG_3609.JPG

:aboutbillions:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
for those asking what channel is bounce on, here is the website where you can find out - Find Us - Bounce TV

Bounce is available in 3 ways (if available in your area/TV/cable affiliate from the link)
  1. Through a HDTV antenna if you dont have cable
  2. Through directly linking your cable to your HDTV without a cable box
  3. On your actual cable lineup if you have a box
If not then im sure a stream will be out there

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the undercard

The inaugural PBC – The Next Round broadcast will also include two 10-round fights in the 154-pound division: Cuban Olympic medalist Yudel Johnson (17-1, 9 KOs) takes on hard-hitting Jorge Cota (24-1, 22 KOs), while Olympian John Jackson (19-2, 15 KOs) battles veteran Filipino southpaw Dennis Laurente (49-5, 30 KOs). The winners of those bouts will face off at a later date.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I'm not missing Ray Don or True detectives for this fight:heh:

You gonna miss out then:yeshrug:

Rau'Shee Warren is about to grab that title and show @patscorpio that lack of power we talked about before, is gonna be made up for with the abundance of talent Baby Puit has:ahh:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I seen him fight... He's fast. But we will see. Is he Gary Russell Jr. Jr. Though?:heh:

Gary Russell Jr Jr:dead:

To be honest no....he doesnt even have Gary Russell's power:mjcry:

We gotta win on all skill pretty much and rely on perfect punch placement in order to hurt you:manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I hear you. I might watch it. Dvr those shows. But come 10 though, that shyt reserved for Ballers:blessed:
Ballers is a good show...its hitting its stride..i have hbo go on my phone and tablet...it usually shows up pretty quick on there..i can watch boxing then stream that show through my chromecast on my phone afterwards

its a win situation :obama: