Baltimore man Freddie Gray dies after getiing neck broken while in police custody

The Knee Grow

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Addison rd Metro
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/04/19/freddie-gray-passes-away-after-being-injured-in-police-custody/

BALTIMORE (WJZ) –A man who was arrested last week by the Baltimore Police Department has died in the hospital this morning.

On April 12, 2015, at exactly 8:40 a.m. Freddie Gray was apprehended in the 1700 block of Presbury. Two minutes later police say they called for a prisoner transport van.

Gray was put in additional restrains inside the van at 8:54 a.m., police said.

But, at 9:24 a.m., an ambulance was called to the Western District police station to take him to the hospital.

Now friends and family members want to know what happened between 8:54 a.m. when the van left and 9:24 a.m. when Gray needed medical attention at the police station.

“How was Mr. Gray issued? Were our proper protocols and procedures actually followed? What are the next steps?” she said. “Right now we’re still collecting details…but I want our residents to know we will get the answers to these questions,” said Mayor Stephanie Rawlings Blake.

Cell phone video shows Freddie Gray screaming as police drag him into a transport van last Sunday.

“While in police custody, his spine was 80 percent severed at his neck. He lapsed into a coma,” Attorney William “Billy” Murphy says.

A protest was held last night in Gray’s honor, to demand answers from police. Hours later, he died in the hospital.

On Sunday afternoon, Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake and Police Commissioner Anthony Batts held a press conference regarding Gray’s death.

She offered her sincere condolences to Gray’s family. She says her questions are the same as theirs.

“Commissioner Batts and the police department are moving very swiftly to complete this investigation as soon as possible. We’re committed to transparency and we will release additional details as we complete the investigation,” she said. “I understand the frustrations of the community. I take very seriously the obligation of transparency. However, we also have to balance that with our responsibility to ensure a proper and thorough investigation. Therefore, we have to move forward in a responsible way to determine all the facts of this investigation so we can provide our community with the real answers. I will ensure that we hold the right people responsible.”

“On this holy day, a mother has lost her son,” said Commissioner Batts. “My greatest hope and wish and desire is that every time we have a contact as a police officer, everyone goes home safely. All lives matter in this city.”

Batts says he asked to speak to Gray’s family prior to his death to discuss the process that will take place now but the family refused. He says he also extends his sympathy and says he has “no words to offer that will ease the pain.”

“We will be transparent. We will be open,” Batts said. “What we will do is put together a hybrid task force…to go deep into the issues surrounding this occurrence and then we will go outside and look into an independent task force. At that time, we will continue to work with the state’s attorney and her oversight of our investigation.”

Batts says all policies and procedures will be reviewed to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

“We’ll do everything we possibly can to ensure our residents and our citizens and our officers are protected and they get to go home,” Batts said.

Police have assembled a special panel made up of officers from 4 units to investigate. Their findings will go to the state’s attorney who will decide if any officers will be charged.

In a statement, William “Billy” Murphy Jr. says, “On last Sunday morning at about 8am, the police chased Freddie Gray, a 27 year old healthy man, without any evidence he had committed a crime. His take-down and arrest without probable cause occurred under a police video camera, which taped everything including the police dragging and throwing Freddy into a police vehicle while he screamed in pain. While in police custody, his spine was 80 percent severed at his neck. He lapsed into a coma, died, was resuscitated, stayed in a coma and on Monday, underwent extensive surgery at Shock Trauma to save his life. He clung to life for seven days and died today at approximately 7am. We believe the police are keeping the circumstances of Freddie’s death secret until they develop a version of events that will absolve them of all responsibility. However, his family and the citizens of Baltimore deserve to know the real truth; and we will not stop until we get justice for Freddie.”

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Stop running and stop resisting. Put your hands behind your back and get arrested without saying a word. Speak to an attorney and take your shot at the fukked up judicial system.

It's not fair, but it's the best chance of stopping this ridiculous fukkery because it opens the door for these pricks to make it seem like what happened was excusable.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Stop running and stop resisting. Put your hands behind your back and get arrested without saying a word. Speak to an attorney and take your shot at the fukked up judicial system.

It's not fair, but it's the best chance of stopping this ridiculous fukkery because it opens the door for these pricks to make it seem like what happened was excusable.
shut up cac

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
I don't even know what to say anymore.

Judge William H. “Billy” Murphy, Jr. is the founder and a senior partner of Murphy, Falcon & Murphy in Baltimore. In addition to his active trial work and ongoing caseload, Judge Murphy also serves as the informal elder statesman of the firm.

With more than 42 years of practice in state courts, Judge Murphy has been successful in over 90% of his state court cases and over 40% of his federal cases–four times higher than the national average of 9%.

In the courtroom, he’s known as an expert litigator with a calm and calculated approach for getting to the truth. Ask those who know him best to describe the man leading many of Murphy, Falcon & Murphy’s most complex cases and the words you’ll hear most frequently are “imaginative,” “leader,” “calm,” and “team builder.”

:sas2:

无名的

Superstar
Daps

If you're going to fix what I say, use proper grammar.

Remember when you messaged me asking me strategies for importing? And asked me to help you learn about options?

It was breh back then... but let me say something you don't agree with and then it's cac to show off for the Coli militants.

:umad: