as a trilogy, planet of the apes has to be right there with godfather, stah wahs, indiana jones etc.

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
There will definitely be a 4th one, but as far as a trilogy goes "War" gave me a new appreciation of "Dawn" and "Rise". "War" is a weak film.

Woody Harrelson was miscast. Caesar's narrative arc was so unfulfilled, and the attempts to tie the film to the original flick were so clumsy and unfinished. I can't forgive the lying marketing about the "War" between the two sides either (they fought 1 time in the whole movie)

How can a film revolving around superintelligent apes fall into such generic storylines and tropes like the prison camp scenes and Caesar's whole arc? The movie was directed amazingly (The Batman film is in good hands) but there was no substance AT ALL to that script!

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Star Wars
Godfather
Toy Story
Back to the Future
Indiana Jones
Lord of the Rings

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
There will definitely be a 4th one, but as far as a trilogy goes "War" gave me a new appreciation of "Dawn" and "Rise". "War" is a weak film.

Woody Harrelson was miscast. Caesar's narrative arc was so unfulfilled, and the attempts to tie the film to the original flick were so clumsy and unfinished. I can't forgive the lying marketing about the "War" between the two sides either (they fought 1 time in the whole movie)

How can a film revolving around superintelligent apes fall into such generic storylines and tropes like the prison camp scenes and Caesar's whole arc? The movie was directed amazingly (The Batman film is in good hands) but there was no substance AT ALL to that script!
tf? the war was cesars internal war to not become koba, it's a 3 movie arc that spans the entire trilogy

you can't be that f*cking retarded

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
tf? the war was cesars internal war to not become koba, it's a 3 movie arc that spans the entire trilogy

you can't be that f*cking retarded

Kobas conflict with humanity was tied to the trilogies themes regarding the way which humanity treats the natural world

I agree that Caesars conflict with humanity was following a similar arc ...up until War where all of that was replaced by a generic revenge plot with monkeys and a generic prison camp plot with monkeys.

Nothing was unique in the script for apes

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
even with godfather three this is not touching the godfather... shyt, it's not even close to lord of the rings and the dark knight trilogy.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Am I the only one that likes to let films simmer a little.. for a couple years.. see if they age well and also to see if I'm still like :ohhh::goddamnisaygoddamnmayne::ineedmo: after the initial buzz and cinema going experience?

Nolan's batman was like that for me. Unfukkwittable after all these years.