As a man: Pursuing financial/developmental success before a permanent relationship, or vice versa?

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
In my 20s, always strived to reach that proverbial level of success (both financial and professional) but never reached it. Was successful but not to the level I wanted.

Now that I am in my 30s, I married, had support, matured and was able to find those level of success. Some of which I didn't know existed.

Like anything, it depends on the person though.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
"back then didn't want me now im hot all on me"

its a tough question. I and I think most dudes are big on loyalty and want a day one chick but the odds of finding one are low. Gotta get that bread

on one side you don't want to settle for something and find out you could've done much better after gaining wealth, assets or whatever.

but you definitely don't want to attain all this, and start side eyeing every girl you come across because you figure they wouldn't be with you if it wasn't for your success or would've dissed you back then. Most girls want the finished product though and it's just too hard to succeed in relationships when you're young so you don't really have a choice. I guess you just have to downplay all your successes and stay low key when pursuing women later on so you can see where their heads are at

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
"back then didn't want me now im hot all on me"

its a tough question. I and I think most dudes are big on loyalty and want a day one chick but the odds of finding one are low. Gotta get that bread

on one side you don't want to settle for something and find out you could've done much better after gaining wealth, assets or whatever.

but you definitely don't want to attain all this, and start side eyeing every girl you come across because you figure they wouldn't be with you if it wasn't for your success or would've dissed you back then. Most girls want the finished product though and it's just too hard to succeed in relationships when you're young so you don't really have a choice. I guess you just have to downplay all your successes and stay low key when pursuing women later on so you can see where their heads are at
Regardinng bold its possible but it has to happen when your younger before all that money stuff starts mattering. Most people don't want to do,that though. One of boys I grew up with been with his girl in some way since they were in junior high and are still together but we all know that's not the norm at all.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Regardinng bold its possible but it has to happen when your younger before all that money stuff starts mattering. Most people don't want to do,that though. One of boys I grew up with been with his girl in some way since they were in junior high and are still together but we all know that's not the norm at all.
very true. when you're 23 years old and shyt...you can't really fault a woman for wanting to choose a guy with a car, his own place and all that if he got it like that over a dude with JUST potential / a plan.

another thing though is theres always the risk that after dating a girl either you may be separated by going to different schools, career pursuits, or just wanting to experience dating/sex with other ppl. most ppl aren't mature enough at that young age M or F to do real long term relationships

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
There has to be a balance….I don't feel like I did it all wrong, and in some ways lucky I did it this way, but I'm 29, and I spent so much time so deep off in that money chase, I couldn't or didn't care about anything else, and now I'm trying to catch up with that relationship side of things, feeling like I missed out..but, the again a lot of people I know got sidetracked, and derailed with their dysfunctional relationships or relentless chase of p*ssy, and now that has caught up with them.