Anybody here read the manga Claymore?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i used to read this i wanna say a few years back. Raki had just came back appearing with Priscilla when i lost track of it. worth picking back up or does it fall off hard?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nah, but it's probably interesting. I saw a couple episodes of the anime. Decent enough
the manga was way better than the anime. i think it only came out like once a month or every few months and i ended up forgetting about it for a while. i haven't read any of my mangas in a while now. i was kinda hoping Naruto would end so i could finish it i stopped at the beginning on the ninja war and One Piece hit a Luffy flashback arc and i quit reading then Bleach had that arc where the fullbring was featured and i dropped it about there.

i'm probably gonna get back into all of them and add Fairy Tail then some more.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
the manga was way better than the anime. i think it only came out like once a month or every few months and i ended up forgetting about it for a while. i haven't read any of my mangas in a while now. i was kinda hoping Naruto would end so i could finish it i stopped at the beginning on the ninja war and One Piece hit a Luffy flashback arc and i quit reading then Bleach had that arc where the fullbring was featured and i dropped it about there.

i'm probably gonna get back into all of them and add Fairy Tail then some more.

Why does shyt have to end for you to want to read it? :what:

But Kishi basically confirmed that Naruto will end in the next year or two. Bleach is in the final arc as well, although supposedly it'll be a long arc. Plus I know you have to be curious about the Tobi reveal.

I wouldn't be surprised if One Piece was still going 10 years from now...but we're in the New World now so we're getting there. Plus it looks like the next arc villain is DoFlamingo:obama:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
It's wrapping up now so you can get back into it if you know where you left off.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why does shyt have to end for you to want to read it? :what:

But Kishi basically confirmed that Naruto will end in the next year or two. Bleach is in the final arc as well, although supposedly it'll be a long arc. Plus I know you have to be curious about the Tobi reveal.

I wouldn't be surprised if One Piece was still going 10 years from now...but we're in the New World now so we're getting there. Plus it looks like the next arc villain is DoFlamingo:obama:
because it was close enough to the end or so it seemed that i could just wait and then come back and polish it off. Naruto was kinda dragging its feet to me when it was obviously close to the end.

basically when Bleach shifted focus from Aizen to other shyt i lost interest in it. Bleach is one of those deals where the artist needs a co-writer to improve the quality. the artist can make interesting concepts and characters but doesn't exactly know what to do with them. for 2/3s of the series the artist was repeating the same general structure of girl gets snatched up and Ichigo and crew face impossible odds to venture into a foreign world and save her making friends out of enemies along the way.

as for One Piece its a manga for young boys and if you were in your mid teens when it started (which i was) you're damn near 30 now and its still going with no sign of a close in sight.

i mean look at something like Dragonball. went on for its 11 year run and came to a close. honestly it could still be getting milked now and people would be into it but the artist moved on. to me there's no reason for these shounen series to go so long. many of them keep adding more and more characters and characters you may have liked vanish for years at a time.

i was having similar issues with Claymore. most of the characters looked the same and they kept adding new ones. there were the previous numbers then the numbers from Clare's time and the present day numbers from that fake Clare's generation.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
because it was close enough to the end or so it seemed that i could just wait and then come back and polish it off. Naruto was kinda dragging its feet to me when it was obviously close to the end.

basically when Bleach shifted focus from Aizen to other shyt i lost interest in it. Bleach is one of those deals where the artist needs a co-writer to improve the quality. the artist can make interesting concepts and characters but doesn't exactly know what to do with them. for 2/3s of the series the artist was repeating the same general structure of girl gets snatched up and Ichigo and crew face impossible odds to venture into a foreign world and save her making friends out of enemies along the way.

as for One Piece its a manga for young boys and if you were in your mid teens when it started (which i was) you're damn near 30 now and its still going with no sign of a close in sight.

i mean look at something like Dragonball. went on for its 11 year run and came to a close. honestly it could still be getting milked now and people would be into it but the artist moved on. to me there's no reason for these shounen series to go so long. many of them keep adding more and more characters and characters you may have liked vanish for years at a time.

i was having similar issues with Claymore. most of the characters looked the same and they kept adding new ones. there were the previous numbers then the numbers from Clare's time and the present day numbers from that fake Clare's generation.

Well, you're right about One Piece I suppose, but..

NHK: 9/10ths of One Piece Manga Buyers are Adults - Interest - Anime News Network

At this point most readers are adults...it is what it is. As long as the writing is still good and the author wants to continue, I don't see a problem with the story being long. The timeskip helped IMO since it changed the characters somewhat. Plus Oda has said plenty of times that he has big plans for the final arc and ending.

As far as Dragonball, it ended because the author was tired of writing it and was running out of ideas (you can tell with the Buu Saga), so it should've ended. Even so there's still a new DBZ movie coming out...shyt that's profitable is gonna get milked, that's just how it is. :manny:

I'm probably gonna try to get back into Claymore myself though, come to think of it.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Save yourself the trouble and give up on fairy tail like I did. Natsu's simping and the mess that is the grand magic games has killed FT for me. I hear there's some good manwha. I've been hearing good things about Green Blood, it's still new so you can catch up on that.

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
Save yourself the trouble and give up on fairy tail like I did. Natsu's simping and the mess that is the grand magic games has killed FT for me. I hear there's some good manwha. I've been hearing good things about Green Blood, it's still new so you can catch up on that.

i started reading fairy tail a while back like maybe 2005 when there was like 15 chapters out and i stopped at like 60 when i realized it was a subpar one piece clone..and the worst thing is i'm not even a one piece fan..the twist were absolutely retarded too..worst shounen manga ever

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Manhwa are the shyt.
Noblesse
Cavalier of the abyss/immortal regis
Tower of God

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
finally caught up on this. seems like its gonna end pretty soon. i still have trouble remembering all these generic looking characters.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Not really sure how I feel about it...I keep reading because there's a lot of potential but besides the little awakening girl, there's not much of interest for me. The series isn't really focused on Claire and Raki any more and as much as I like some of the others...it's not as compelling to have them fighting constantly regenerating super monsters over and over.