Another dev says X1 PS4 "quite close" in terms of power

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
http://gamingbolt.com/umbra-dev-on-ps4s-8-gb-ddr5-ram-devs-cant-take-full-advantage-of-it-right-now

At the end of the day, both systems are quite close to each other. I really think this generation will be about services and there I see a big challenge for Sony to step up and compete with Microsoft.”

I know, I know the gaf "insiders" told you ps4 will be amazing and that this dude and is a corporate shill, but you have to admit if devs keep saying the same thing there must be some truth to it :manny:

And yet another dev says the same thing.

http://kotaku.com/john-carmack-on-p...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Think I might wait for cboat to confirm before I belive this one:lupe:

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
So a console with a much stronger GPU and faster memory are "close".

Them nikkaz aint trying to lose sales, that's all this shyt is.

But keep deluding yourself.... :pachaha:
Yung, this nikka grasping for anything. At this point, I'm just ready for the consoles to come out so digital foundy & other sites can compare the consoles. Common sense tells me better RAM & GPU that the PS4 will better.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yung, this nikka grasping for anything. At this point, I'm just ready for the consoles to come out so digital foundy & other sites can compare the consoles. Common sense tells me better RAM & GPU that the PS4 will better.

You say your into common sense right? Well lets try some common sense. You don't need to know anything about tech to follow along.

Killzone 3
1-0931.jpg

Killzone 4
1457_kz4_blast6.jpg

The second screenshot is on a system that is at least 10 times more powerful all around than the first one. That's a HUGE difference in power and you see the results.

The ps4 has a gpu that's supposedly .5 times faster than the Xbox. Now using common sense, what do you think the difference in the games will be?

You can also look at it another way. The wii U is more than .5 times more powerful than the xbox360. Is there a big differnce in graphics between wii u and 360?

Now use common sense like you said you would. Leave your personal bias out of your answers.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Some those Gaf insiders are devs themselves. You do realize that NeoGAF is the goto forum for the gaming industry.

And ALL of the real devs are under NDA and would not risk their livelihood to give information on a forum. What their presence does is allow any person to post anything and be viewed as credible.

If you have engineers, devs, and tech reviewers telling you that the power difference isn't much at all. Why would you believe no name no face forum posts that say the opposite?

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
You say your into common sense right? Well lets try some common sense. You don't need to know anything about tech to follow along.

Killzone 3
1-0931.jpg

Killzone 4
1457_kz4_blast6.jpg

The second screenshot is on a system that is at least 10 times more powerful all around than the first one. That's a HUGE difference in power and you see the results.

The ps4 has a gpu that's supposedly .5 times faster than the Xbox. Now using common sense, what do you think the difference in the games will be?

You can also look at it another way. The wii U is more than .5 times more powerful than the xbox360. Is there a big differnce in graphics between wii u and 360?

Now use common sense like you said you would. Leave your personal bias out of your answers.

You see this is what I mean about "don't show me the fetus, show me the baby". Now that KZ:SF pic is from the Feb. reveal right? was a prealpha build also the developers did an E3 graphics walkthrough and at the 14:38min of the following video, he will talk about there new in game models which are drastically better than what you are trying to compare. At 15:49min he shows the in game models. They haven't even at the time put the new models in the game.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJGeVS-w8dg#t=14m38s

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You see this is what I mean about "don't show me the fetus, show me the baby". Now that KZ:SF pic is from the Feb. reveal right? also the developers did an E3 graphics walkthrough and at the 14:38min of the following video, he will show your there new up to date in game models which are drastically better than what you are trying to compare.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJGeVS-w8dg#t=14m38s
I think the screen I posted looks just as good if not better than what's in that video.
But that still doesn't change what I said. Without talking about dev tools, APIs, optimization, ect. A .5 difference in gpu power just is not that big in terms of performace. We are seeing diminishing returns in systems that are 10-13 times as powerful as there predecessors and you think a .5 differnce in gpu will make a huge differnce in performance?

It just doesn't make logical sense, no matter how tech savy you are/aren't

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
I think the screen I posted looks just as good if not better than what's in that video.
But that still doesn't change what I said. Without talking about dev tools, APIs, optimization, ect. A .5 difference in gpu power just is not that big in terms of performace. We are seeing diminishing returns in systems that are 10-13 times as powerful as there predecessors and you think a .5 differnce in gpu will make a huge differnce in performance?

It just doesn't make logical sense, no matter how tech savy you are/aren't

Watch the video dude at the 15:51min mark you will see the new models, so stop it with this non-sense. And to top it off they will get better according to the graphics guy giving the presentation.