America imposes sanctions on Uganda for anti-gay law.

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
The US has imposed sanctions on Uganda for anti-gay laws it says are "counter to universal human rights".

It said Ugandans involved in human rights abuses against gay people would be banned from entering the US.

The White House is also cutting funds to a number of programmes it is running with the Ugandan authorities, and cancelling a military exercise.

Uganda has said it will not be pressed by the West to change the laws, which can see gay people jailed for life.

The law signed in February allows life imprisonment for acts of "aggravated homosexuality" and criminalises the "promotion of homosexuality".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-27933051

Obama going down as possibly the worst president this country has ever had. Can you imagine this coward applying the same sanctions to countries like Saudi Arabia or Pakistan whose anti gay laws are even more severe than Uganda? Smh

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Please don't play with my emotions:to:.

You have to take into account that the West does not have any more colonies around the world(Americas, Africa, Asia). And so they have become weaker. They NEED resources. That is one of the reasons why Rome needed to expand. Portugal and Spain are the best examples; especially Portugal. The only thing the West has over other nations is that all nations of the West are industrialized than most, but that is changing.

Like I said a million times the West only came to power due to luck and those two lucks were discovering the Americas before anyone else and also the Industrial revolution boom. Prior to that the "West" was the Ottomans Empire b*tch. And I mean literally. Again we who live in the West are just lucky. Very lucky.

Just had a lucky head start entering the modern world. But non Western nations like China, India, Russia, Pakistan and Brazil are all catching up. I don't see the West falling like some Ancient Rome type stuff, but I do see the West and even America losing influence on the world.

Again we're just lucky.