Am I the only one tired of seeing white saviors in black movies?

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
The Butler, The Help, 12 Years a Slave, Mr. Church. It's all the same shyt. Now there's this new movie called "Hidden Figures". I mean....a part of me is glad to see these black women's story being told. They helped send man to the moon but, I can already tell what the movie is going to be. Just like the Butler or the Help. The white men are going to be extremely disrespectful and racist towards the black women, and at some point in the film, the white men will come to respect them (to a point :whoa:) after they "prove themselves" to the whites and the black women help the white men save the day :stopitslime:

Can we just stop with all these white savior movies and make black excellence films. Why do white people have to be involved at all? That's why I can't say shyt about Tyler Perry. His movies may suck but, he doesn't have white people everywhere playing white savior. I'm tired of seeing these fukking movies.

Where's the Mansa Musa film? The Last Pharoah film Will was working on? Can we get one on Benjamin Bradley? or Madam C.J. Walker? or the Harlem Renaissance? or on John H. Johnson. There's alot, I can't name them all. But is it possible to have black movies about black people doing major shyt WITHOUT white people being involved and playing the role of savior or is that like a requirement in Hollywood :francis:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
When will there ever be a film about a black middle to upper class family growing up in a predominantly white neighborhood and their struggles?

Or a film about first generation Africans or West Indians in America?

Or a film about Larry Hoover?

Or a film that's not the typical black people find value in themselves and beat the odds through music/art/dance? Or the typical slavery movie? Or the typical Tyler Perry swill? This is why I don't watch TV or movies. I'm sick of constantly being disappointed and forcing myself to see myself or relate characters I can't relate to.

There's no balance.

Why do you think black people love social media so much? We can actually tell our own stories and be our own heroes and antagonizing characters. We can put ourselves in the picture.

The media will always be by whites....for whites. Thats never going to change. Sure they might throw us a bone (Birth Of A Nation) But even then that gets hijacked by people who want the same old same old so they can make the same old same old complaints?

Why can't we have our own "Hobo WITH a Shotgun" with bad ass black men and black women fukking up evil white people? That answer to nobody!?

:why:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
yeah its all bullshyt

but black people like seeing these movies themselves...
Black folks who don't allow themselves stop get indoctrinated by the media are truly few and far between. I really think the reason black people are so passive towards white racist and white aggression is because of watching so much TV. I realized when I stopped watching TV 8 years ago my self esteem increased and I started being more proud of my blackness.

TV and movies is designed to destroy the self-esteem of blacks and make them feel inferior to whites. White people say that TV and movies empower them...but guess what? When that TV goes off....when that movie ends....none of them are superheroes. They're actually the villains. They need to feel empowered by the actions and visions of other white people cause they themselves on average are average to below average to mediocre. They have found a way to pacify black people with the media and its sad to witness.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black folks who don't allow themselves stop get indoctrinated by the media are truly few and far between. I really think the reason black people are so passive towards white racist and white aggression is because of watching so much TV. I realized when I stopped watching TV 8 years ago my self esteem increased and I started being more proud of my blackness.

TV and movies is designed to destroy the self-esteem of blacks and make them feel inferior to whites. White people say that TV and movies empower them...but guess what? When that TV goes off....when that movie ends....none of them are superheroes. They're actually the villains. They need to feel empowered by the actions and visions of other white people cause they themselves on average are average to below average to mediocre. They have found a way to pacify black people with the media and its sad to witness.
yup

and they only fund toxic rap music....because really people are followers by nature, and if they made positive rap hot,,,put money behind it...... people would still buy it and think its cool....

but they want us stupid and lazy....and also self destructive

@PhonZhi

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
i noticed this as well. Where are the black movies with mostly black people or all black people in them? With all the black million/billionaires you would think they would get together and make some of these stories knowing that other black people will be likely to support it once word gets out.

It's like you have all these movies with just white people in them, and NO movie with just black people. shyt, even Shaka Zulu had to get white folks in there and I noticed that as a child. I told my parents i liked the movie til the white folks arrived.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
When will there ever be a film about a black middle to upper class family growing up in a predominantly white neighborhood and their struggles?

Or a film about first generation Africans or West Indians in America?

Or a film about Larry Hoover?

Or a film that's not the typical black people find value in themselves and beat the odds through music/art/dance? Or the typical slavery movie? Or the typical Tyler Perry swill? This is why I don't watch TV or movies. I'm sick of constantly being disappointed and forcing myself to see myself or relate characters I can't relate to.

There's no balance.

Why do you think black people love social media so much? We can actually tell our own stories and be our own heroes and antagonizing characters. We can put ourselves in the picture.

The media will always be by whites....for whites. Thats never going to change. Sure they might throw us a bone (Birth Of A Nation) But even then that gets hijacked by people who want the same old same old so they can make the same old same old complaints?

Why can't we have our own "Hobo WITH a Shotgun" with bad ass black men and black women fukking up evil white people? That answer to nobody!?

:why:

I just wanna see one movie with black people doing some major shyt without white people being all up in the movie. I'm sick of seeing those muthafukkas :pacspit:

Swagnicious

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Swagville
I just wanna see one movie with black people doing some major shyt without white people being all up in the movie. I'm sick of seeing those muthafukkas :pacspit:

Blame all the highly-paid black people who won't make this happen. They're the ones who are gonna have to go all out and make this happen

Do we really expect cacs to do the type of movie you just described?

"Let's dump a ton of money, time and effort in a film that has nothing to do with us/makes us look like complete shyt with zero redemption, while putting black people on a pedestal. And then on top of that, let's just hope that we can make a profit and the majority-white US audience and other races overseas (remember the Sony email leaks?) will see the advertising and decide to spend their money on a pure black excellence movie"

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Everybody hates chris, fresh prince, etc
Sure they might throw us a bone (Birth Of A Nation) But even then that gets hijacked by people who want the same old same old so they can make the same old same old complaints?
Nobody threw shyt, nate parker raised the money to make it himself :manny: