All trolling aside, What's Wale's appeal?

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I don't listen to Drake, J.cole or Big Sean (I mention them because they get alot of hate) but I can see and understand why they have an audience of people behind them that like their music. I just don't see that in Wale. Even when he was "underground" people would hype him up and his raps were :trash:. So Wale Stans. Please tell me what ya'll see in this nikka? :lupe:

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
that dirty nikka is garbage....he the worst of the bunch..............i dont listen to none of them new rappers b.....Killa!

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
He's better than J cole, big Sean and drake lyrically. He has bars and metaphors way better than theirs. He doesn't have any weak albums or mixtapes besides AD. He has the best sports references of the new class. His shyt is fly and he keeps to his roots on every project with a gogo themed track. He makes tracks for everybody and doesn't pretend to be someone else on the mic. He rules his lane does it well

Most people who hate on him either aren't listening or don't listen to him

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Ive heard ever several songs by this dude and i myself dont get his appeal. alot of it imo has to do with he charisma, i dont really care for he delivery on certain tracks though. I feel as he has a couple of good bars as far as inner rhymes are concern. but other then that :yeshrug:

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
And Phil Ade

:krs:

Never heard of this. *searching itunes*

As it pertains to Wale, something about his flow is awkward to me. I didn't even like that "Bad" joint. He's another guy I want to like but his music doesn't do it for me.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
:krs:

Never heard of this. *searching itunes*

As it pertains to Wale, something about his flow is awkward to me. I didn't even like that "Bad" joint. He's another guy I want to like but his music doesn't do it for me.
He always sounded like he wasn't comfortable with his flow. But he has that sound on every song I've heard him on. I swear I turn the volume up on the chorus of "Bad" then turn that shyt right back down when he start rapping.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
He's better than J cole, big Sean and drake lyrically. He has bars and metaphors way better than theirs. He doesn't have any weak albums or mixtapes besides AD. He has the best sports references of the new class. His shyt is fly and he keeps to his roots on every project with a gogo themed track. He makes tracks for everybody and doesn't pretend to be someone else on the mic. He rules his lane does it well

Most people who hate on him either aren't listening or don't listen to him

He's better than Sean lyrically, probably on par with Drake punchline wise and lyrically as well in terms of dexterity.

I've been following dude since his mixtape days but I just respect his whole take on things. He's what Big Sean probably wants to be and he's really talented at flipping word.

Dude is probably the most equipped new-age SPITTER for the non-hood/gutter image. He's legit.

Lets say, he's Drake without the singing...and not as functionally gifted as Drake but gifted in his own right.

I just wish he'd stop cramming syllables into his verses.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His swag is his appeal. Like Big Sean or Mac Miller, he seems cool as fukk and you want to be like him.

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
He always sounded like he wasn't comfortable with his flow.

The only song I can say I heard him sounding "in his lane" and comfortable w/his flow was on "Lotus Flower Bomb".

For such an estrogen laced track, I can say dude bodied that shyt with delivery/charisma...He should stay there...