All the guilt-trip marketing for “a wrinkle in time” failed

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I WAS ABOUT LIGHT THAT TRAILER UP BUT MY NIECE WAS LOOKONG AT ME WITH THE WATERY ANIME EYES. I HAD TO SWITCH MY WHOLE FACE UP.
My man got hit with the
giphy.gif

:loldenzel2:

Daps

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Really ? Y'all actually on this light skinned people aint black wave outside of the internet ?

She is half white, not light-skinned...

And the whole story pushes the narrative of white daddy be the prime choice and we as men fill the role of absent or non-exisistant Black Masculine males.

Doesn't matter, Black Panther will hold strong...

Daps
She is half white, not light-skinned...

And the whole story pushes the narrative of white daddy be the prime choice and we as men fill the role of absent or non-exisistant Black Masculine males.

Doesn't matter, Black Panther will hold strong...
shyt....i thought the same thing as well...I like Ava too, but this shyt is just.....

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
If a Wench in Time fails, this gives motivation for production companies to NOT support black female directors in future events. Notice that Disney is featuring both BP and Wench in Time back to back? They will always throw this movie as a litmus test to say “see, negroes won’t support this movie even though it’s made by one of your own” while ignoring the success of BP.

Should’ve had an all black family instead of half-Assing it and maybe your target audience would’ve support it more :manny:

Last edited:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don’t know the first thing about the content of the movie but At the end of the day a black director was given a big budget to lead an ambitious project. Off GP it should be supported because black people winning today can open opportunities for tomorrow.

This movie isn’t Black Panther but if she fails with this project, she’s not gonna have the opportunity to make her own Black Panther in the future if she wanted to. Support her black ass.:yeshrug:

She had the opportunity to direct Black Panther. Her ego fukked up that opportunity. She thought she was bigger than Marvel Studios.

"DuVernay went on to say that the work her name is attached to is important to her and if she needed to compromise too much, a movie wouldn’t “be an Ava DuVernay film.” "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/why-ava-duvernay-isnt-directing-black-panther/amp/

Daps
If a Wench in Time fails, this gives motivation for production companies to NOT support black female directors in future events. Notice that Disney is featuring both BP and Wench in Time back to back? They will always throw this movie as a litmus test to say “see, negroes won’t support this movie even though it’s made by one of your own” while ignoring the success of BP.

Should’ve had an all black family instead of half-Assing it and maybe your target audience would’ve support it more :manny:
No it’s more that the movie just wasn’t good. Girls trip did well last year don’t act like they don’t know. They knew this would flop when they held the reviews back

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps

If they are going to tell Wench tales like these....maybe it is better they don't get made..

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
She had the opportunity to direct Black Panther. Her ego fukked up that opportunity. She thought she was bigger than Marvel Studios.

"DuVernay went on to say that the work her name is attached to is important to her and if she needed to compromise too much, a movie wouldn’t “be an Ava DuVernay film.” "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/why-ava-duvernay-isnt-directing-black-panther/amp/

why do people aspire to be stuck up bourgeoisie a$$holes