After watching "The Defenders" I wouldn't mind another "Ultimate Alliance" game.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Finished watching the defenders on Netflix(overall I enjoyed it, especially the first 3-4 episodes). That said, after being annoyed at how inconsistent Luke Cages power set was depicted my mind went to wanting another...

Marvel-Ultimate-Alliance-Gold-Edition1.jpg

rsz_marvel_ultimate_alliance_2_wp4_by_igotgame1075.jpg

The closest thing in the pipeline is the avengers project from square enix :yeshrug::ehh: ...whatever that's supposed to be.

I will say this though, I'm not sure if i want another "dungeon crawler" type game.:patrice:

Maybe a team based action rpg similar to how kingdom hearts plays as a base, then variate as needed for gameplay:jbhmm:

In relation to "The defenders" series it self.
Defenders.jpg

I have to say this...
1. how the fukk is Luke cage eating iron fists punches like lite snacks one moment then he's getting knocked around by Electra the next minute?

2. How is Electra(and some regular goons) strong enough to knock luke cage around but have these long drawn out punching matches with regular'ol dare devil & iron fist?

3. How is it a goon breaks his hand punching Luke cage in the face but goons in the defenders are swinging on cage like all is good?

4. How did Luke cage shake off a rocket "to the face"(not literally) but getting knocked around be these regular folks.(madam gao should have been the only person he had major issues with)

5. etc. etc. etc.

I feel like they wrote them selves into a corner with Luke cages power set then started breaking there own rules to get out of that corner.(if Luke cage just "bear hugged" Electra there wouldn't be shyt she could do)

Fixes:
Give Luke cage the "superman dilemma" - he can only be in one place at a time. So his strongest enemies put him in "no win" situations were he has to choose where to be, there by giving that agitator room to strike.

2. A straight fighter like Electra should simply be too evasive for Luke to strike. They should be able to slip through his grasp to strike other "soft targets"(instead of lowering cages power level to suit the current plot point)

3. If he had to be taken on "one on one" then maybe have the adversary use cages strength against himself some way; by misdirecting it in a way that causes him to "slip up".(be that by him tripping over/falling down or by striking something in the environment that puts him/them at a disadvantage)
c4b5c2882f230d05662fbee78aacc735--aikido-quotes-quotes.jpg

The whole lowering/heightening his power profile to suit the current plot point was annoying as hell.:mindblown:

latest

:ufdup:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I assume that Electra came back stronger than she was before. Another annoying thing: How strong is Jessica? I can't tell. In her own series, she got taken down by like 4 dudes with tasers. I dunno, if they were super tasers, but they were normal goons.

I agree with the stronger than before thing but that's part of my :patrice:with the depiction. one moment Electra is kicking dare devil off his feet with one kick. The next episode she going twelve rounds with daredevil(for all intents and purposes a regular guy).

Damn, jessica jones was tazed.:dwillhuh:
Also, why the hell was she always going on about being handcuffed to the table but she strong enough to pull cars off the hitch and suspend an elevator with luke cage and iron fist inside by herself:jbhmm:

Yea when he was fighting the white hat dude I was like, "Does dude have powers too?" :lupe:

Turns out, nah... it was just plot-induced depowering.

I was waiting for that poke shyt to do something :comeon:... then it looks like he wasn't strong enough for it to do anything:ehh: I don't think he was really depowered for the "white hat" fight by that much. Also given madam gao was "force pushing" shyt all over the place:lolbron: ...I can give "white hat" the benefit of the doubt on being able to move cage back a bit.:ehh:

Last edited:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
fukk the defenders

Garbage ass show

Defenders was ass, time to forget iron fist existed :camby:

I liked the show overall :hubie::ehh:

My only real problem being the inconsistencies in power levels. Oddly enough iron fist was one of the most consistent ones on the defenders:patrice: Which is funny because that was one of my big 2 problems with the solo iron fist show.
1. How is he the "iron fist" but these random orderlies are able to subdue him inside a hospital? Beat they ass and dip bruh:gucci:
2. The set design for his "the hand" fights looked like something from an old 80's Saturday morning kids show.:scust:

None of those elements were in the defenders so I enjoyed iron fist here.:hubie:
I wish they had used that shock wave punch as a team attack though:banderas:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My problem with the ultimate alliance games is that most of the enemies didn't react to your hits

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That's basically what marvel heroes omega already is. It's pretty much the entire exact same formula of game.

:scust:

First thing that comes to mind(quality wise) are those ridiculous low budget mobile fighting games marvel fell into for awhile when everyone actually wanted more MvC content.
en.png

contest-of-champions4.jpg

55959ad508e9e.jpg

:scust:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, like I said I'm kinda hesitant about the whole top down dungeon crawler game type myself.:jbhmm:
They should make another one. They could fix the issues that the old games had. If they're going to milk all their properties they might as well get some good games out too.

Have you seen footage of the upcoming PS4 spider man game? I know it isn't a dungeon crawler, but good dev teams can make good games out of all these super heroes

Last edited:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
They should make another one. They could fix the issues that the old games had. If they're going to milk all their properties they might as well get some good games out too.

Have you seen footage of the upcoming PS4 spider man game? I know it isn't a dungeon crawler, but good dev teams can make good games out of all these super heroes

It's funny you mention that because I was thinking of the scenarios in uncharted where it's you and one or two teammates against a horde of enemies. In my head I was swapping out uncharted characters & locations for marvel ones while keeping the gameplay similar. Then expanding on the gameplay for different power sets.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:patrice:
I'm sorry breh , this thread is confusing as hell.

:jbhmm:

Ok,:yeshrug::ehh: ...here's a reading guide:ld:

Reading Guide:
1. I watched defenders then later wanted an ultimate alliance game to play.
2. I felt like Luke cage's power level was inconsistent throughout the defenders
  • here's why I felt it was inconsistent
  • here's how I would fix it

Bout as clear as I can make it bruh bruh:hubie: