Advice for promoting a movie script of a different sort

Chipdeez

Rookie
Daps
I recently finished a movie script about the unification of Ta Mehu and Ta Shemu. These nations would become Khenu then kemet and eventually Egypt.

I study for more than three years. Spend almost one year writing the script. I have it edited by professionals. I understand that Hollywood is not messing with a culturally, ethnically accurate Egypt. So my plan was to unite some conscious folk and middling celebrities who can rally the funding. Its probably going to be more than 50 million. It might be closer to 100 million. I would like to film in Africa probably near the border of Uganda and South Sudan. This would involve creating a studio for future films. I'm talking Pan African. From what I know about ancient Egypt it was very diverse.

CfNRFy5XEAAdgrc.jpg

The above is good Nile Valley casting.

I can't raise nothing close to that type of money so my plan was to raise money to facilitate a larger reach. Its kinda like in a strategy game when the first step is to build warehouses for tools to help you build better stuff.

I have a pretty large (20K) email subscriber list from powerwealthinfluence.com some facebook friends and such. I figured if I could raise about 12 thousand I could pay reading fees, host lectures fly out to people and thereby recruit the first round of mid-level celebs or maybe better.
This is a preview to the page https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/87d0a4b8
I planned to launch it with a bang with
Nabify - The movie

I sent the thunderclap link to 10 thousand people, facebook friends and a few personal friends and so far just 16 people signed up on thunderclap. Obviously I'm doing something wrong.
Its free to sign up and so far only 16 people. If I can only get 16 to share, which is free obviously my message is faulty.

On a positive note I am corresponding with one of my favorite MCs but he is somewhat underground. Until he gives me a thumbs up I'm not going to put him out there. I have also spoken with several Pan African investors that might fund the 1st wave entirely. I have almost a rack budgeted to promote on social media. Its not all bad however 16 people out of more than 10K is dead canary in a coal mine. I'm doing something wrong. Thus, I ask how could I convince you to join this campaign, at least to sharing it. I still have another 10K people to email. I'm looking to make some serious adjustments.

So far this is my hook video and its not hooking

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i feel like you're trying way too hard to promote this film, you should just get as many people to read your script as you can, and if it's a good script and they like it, i feel like something will naturally happen. you don't need to make a bunch of these youtube videos or self promote on social media

Chipdeez

Rookie
Daps
i feel like you're trying way too hard to promote this film, you should just get as many people to read your script as you can, and if it's a good script and they like it, i feel like something will naturally happen. you don't need to make a bunch of these youtube videos or self promote on social media
:lupe: Yup... I can see how I'm overanalyzing. I'll do one more rewrite. It will take about a week. I have some readers on deck. I'll probably message my facebook friends for more readers maybe even someone from TheColi. Possibly the top 5 or 10 thunder clappers.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:lupe: Yup... I can see how I'm overanalyzing. I'll do one more rewrite. It will take about a week. I have some readers on deck. I'll probably message my facebook friends for more readers maybe even someone from TheColi. Possibly the top 5 or 10 thunder clappers.
To be honest it felt like you were trying to sell me on a pyramid scheme or something, pardon the pun. Let your writing and the characters speak for themselves. Also realize that writing a script that gets turned into a movie is difficult when you're outside the "system" so to speak.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Also, I do agree that Hollywood is looking for a realistic take on Egypt in film after all the white washed bombs the past few years.

Chipdeez

Rookie
Daps
To be honest it felt like you were trying to sell me on a pyramid scheme or something, pardon the pun. Let your writing and the characters speak for themselves. Also realize that writing a script that gets turned into a movie is difficult when you're outside the "system" so to speak.

lol... It's weird because I'm trying to not just find readers but people who can give unbiased reviews. I was setting it up like an award so its not just a pure selection on my part. I'm considering a few youtube videos about the feedback. I'll check out the screenwriting thread.

Also, I do agree that Hollywood is looking for a realistic take on Egypt in film after all the white washed bombs the past few years.

They didnt bomb quite that hard. Exodus Gods and Kings did well enough in the foreign market. Gods of Egypt :wow:shyt the bead, but both were high budget movies. Both were higher budget than damn near any two predominantly black movies combined. Red Tails had a 25 million dollar budget. Both of those movies were over 140.

I could see a principled progressive like Brad Pitt taking an interest. Besides him I'm not too optimistic about the establishment. But that is ok, because I don't want a movie. I want an industry. This is a prequel to a trilogy about the first dynasty. Its a forerunner for more stories about African history with pan African cast. I don't expect Hollywood to just hand us an industry. I would rather pay Hollywood execs for distribution rights than be funded by Hollywood.