Acceptance and Complacency are the keys to Happiness

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
So many people are unhappy with themselves because they had/have these unrealistic expectations for themselves. I understand that life is short blah blah (even though it's the LONGEST thing you'll ever do :rudy:) and you should be happy with the direction your life is going in and all that nonsense but some people are straight up in denial within themselves. Yea you're working a dead end job at the local newspaper and hate yourself, but you will not be the next Walter Cronkite cmon while you 32 years old cmon now :mjlol:

Accept the fact that you are not Leo DiCaprio and you won't be able to bag dimes
Accept the fact that you'll only make 50K-60K at most in your life, some people have to support entire families off that salary
Accept the fact the scrubbiest NBA player would trash you 21-0 without breaking a sweat
Accept the fact that you'll be working the same dead end job for the rest of your life
Accept the little vacation time your company gives you and travel a likkle bit
Accept the fact that your genetics might have fukked you in life but what can you do. We are who we are on this planet
Accept the fact that you're upbringing fukked you in life and allow yourself to try and fix your future despite your past
Accept the fact that you are irrelevant to everyone outside your social circle
Accept the fact that some people were put on earth to be something and you weren't. You not 6'8 with freak athleticism, you aren't musically gifted, you're not a tech genius. ALLOW IT

Be complacent and learn to deal with the hand you were dealt :manny:

Of course you should always try to better yourself, but everybody has limitations. Find out what your limitations are, accept them, allow them, be complacent, then you can be happy :blessed:

Grams

Daps
Reppin
Eastside
you're confusing complacency with being content, but I guess it makes sense if you want it to
What's the difference? :ohhh:

Be under achievers brehs
:camby: that's not what I was talking about

I disagree. Complacency is for weak minded people with little to no self-respect. if you find yourself being complacent when you have other feelings, something is wrong with your life. Strive to be the best at whatever makes you happy;
That "strive to be the best" is that 1st grade mentally where everybody's a winner bs thrives. It ain't like that in the real world.

the fukk kinda loser shyt is this?:heh::heh::heh:
How is being fine with how your life will be "loser shyt"? Coli nikkas always on that bs I swear :snoop:

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've always thought of being complacent as having no desire to push yourself and being content as being satisfied with where you are but still looking to push onward. What you are/were describing IMO is being content...not complacent.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another criticism that I have is that this definition of happiness seems a bit on the shallow side. Way too contingent on things like money and whether or not other people accept you. All things that are fleeting, and not really suited for basing your happiness on anyway.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Yeah, I gotta agree with this one. Seeing dudes trying to reach their dreams only to be stress out and ruining their lives. I'm a easy going person. I let these others crash and burn when I'm chilling with a dead end job with no qualms of doing better.

Grams

Daps
Reppin
Eastside
I've always thought of being complacent as having no desire to push yourself and being content as being satisfied with where you are but still looking to push onward. What you are/were describing IMO is being content...not complacent.
I think it's the same thing breh :lallana:

Ain't nothing wrong with being a loser, shyt I'm a loser and I'm good
You calling me a loser though :sadcam: :mitraillette:

Another criticism that I have is that this definition of happiness seems a bit on the shallow side. Way too contingent on things like money and whether or not other people accept you. All things that are fleeting, and not really suited for basing your happiness on anyway.
Money and people are the most important aspects of life ock
Yeah, I gotta agree with this one. Seeing dudes trying to reach their dreams only to be stress out and ruining their lives. I'm a easy going person. I let these others crash and burn when I'm chilling with a dead end job with no qualms of doing better.
That's what I'm saying. What's all that stress for? :heh: working in retail with no aspirations for anything higher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Grams

Daps
Reppin
Eastside
One star my thread on happiness in life even though you named yourself after a wack overrated artist who was hooked on heroin and got extra depressed when his fakkit best friend died so he OD'd brehs @b@squ1@t :umad:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
You see this a lot in younger people. When you're young your routinely chasing new identities and trying on different masks, lying. For what? Individualism? Compelling personalities? Success?

All myths, all fleeting, all ephemeral. See, if everyone tried on the bum ass nikka mask, which I think Grams is trying to get at, nikkas would in turn find true happiness. There are no expectations, there is no overwhelming sense of status anxiety, no measuring up to anything. But nikkas are afraid to don the bum ass nikka mask, to accept it completely, because they're looking for happiness in materialism, stuff, daps on the coli, likes on instagram.

C'mon, get your bum ass nikka mask on everyone, accept that you ain't shyt, I know I have mine on :obama:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I'd neg you if you couldn't neg me back. Breh fukk you and this depressing thread. :what: