49 year old "rookie" cop kills unarmed Black teen

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
If someone already created this thread just delete mine.

Young, Unarmed Black Man Killed By Cop Didn't Want To 'Die Too Young'
"I don't feel protected by the police."
0012001350f1.png

Sebastian Murdock Reporter, The Huffington Post
Posted: 08/08/2015 12:42 PM EDT | Edited: 41 minutes ago
55c62d9514000077002e25f2.png

An unarmed black teenager in Texas was shot dead by a cop who had only recently graduated from the police academy. Just over a week before his death, a Twitter account that appears to belong to 19-year-old Christian Taylor includes messages about being afraid to die young.

Cops in Arlington responded to a burglary call around 1 a.m. on Friday when they came upon the suspect, Taylor, who had crashed his vehicle into a car dealership. Police said a struggle ensued between Taylor and 49-year-old officer Brad Miller before Miller fatally shot the suspect. The officer graduated from the police academy in March and was working under the supervision of a training officer.

Police said Miller had no experience prior to joining the Arlington Police Department. He has been placed on paid administrative leave.

Another social media post last year appearing to belong to Taylor said he didn't feel protected by police.

55c62cda14000077002e25f1.png

Taylor, who was a football player at Angelo State University in San Angelo, was described as a "good kid" by his great-uncle, Clyde Fuller.

“He was a good kid. I don’t see him stealing no car or nothing like that,” Fuller told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Police Sgt. Paul Rodriguez told The Star-Telegram that surveillance video at the dealership shows Taylor damaging a parked car and later driving through the showroom glass. However, Rodriguez said that officers are not equipped with body cameras, and that they haven't found security video at the car dealership that would have captured the fatal encounter.

Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Damn this was 5 min from my crib. I wish I could understand what was going on in his head.

Last edited: