10 dangers of lean

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
came across this article. Couple notable points

10 Dangers of “Lean” – What you May Not Know - Carolina's Premiere Music, Fashion, Culture Magazine

1. Codeine, one ingredient in “Lean” is an opiate similar to : Heroin, Morphine, Oxycontin or Vicodin. We’ve coined Lean as, “Hip-Hop’s New Heroin”. Not a good look by the way, if you’ve ever seen a heroin addict
  2. Codeine is not as addictive as Heroin, but once addicted, the withdrawal symptoms mirror those of a Heroin addiction.
  3. The drug can cause Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS), which can be fatal. Symptoms may include fever, stiff muscles, confusion, abnormal thinking; fast or irregular heartbeat and sweating
  4. The two active ingredients Codeine & Promethazine are Central Nervous System Depressants, meaning they both slow your breathing, which is why people feel that “good feeling” or that euphoria. But sometimes it slows the system down so much that a person stops breathing and dies.
dont let these rappers entice you to death brehs.

JsQVOaW.jpg

Codeine Crazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Wrote this quick paper like a hour before class on codeine last week lol

i quoted lil wayne and shyt :dead:

“I open the soda, I get the codeine and I pour up a lot. Stomach in knots, thought I need some drank. I’m stuck in my bed and the dopeman said all he got is red. I got a swamp up in my Styrofoam. It can be room temperature or lukewarm. All I need is ice to make the perfect storm.” These quotes do not sound appealing when read aloud. When you combine them with an amazing beat and Lil’ Wayne’s cadence, it creates a catchy song that has the ability to influence an entire generation to become “lean sipping zombies”. The increased popularity of promethazine/codeine has caused a major problem amongst individuals of all ages. Promethazine is an antihistamine that relieves watery eyes, itchy eyes/nose/throat, runny nose, and sneezing. Codeine is a narcotic cough suppressant (antitussive) that affects a certain part of the brain, reducing the urge to cough. Together, this combination of medication is used to assist in the treatment of the common cold, flu, bronchitis, allergies and other breathing illnesses. [Cite] Although you need a prescription to gain access to the drug, the black market has provided a means to purchase. At a street value of $800 a pint, morals are bypassed for currency. The use of codeine creates a sedating effect on the body. Drowsiness, vomiting, difficulty breathing and seizures are a few key effects. Sadly, many codeine abusers are not aware that it comes from the same plant. Morphine, heroin and codeine derive from opiates. The withdraw effects of codeine are similar to that of heroin. Between stomach cramps, sweating, nausea, insomnia and anxiety; “kicking” the habit of codeine is a process which may require professional assistance. It is very disheartening to know that the glorification of this drug is planted in the minds of impressionable children. As an adult, I know the difference between entertainment and real life. I have the ability to distinguish between embellished tales and authentic stories.[/QUOTE]