Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bring back Arsenio.

That album has its low points, but You Can't Stop Us, Testify, Slave and Master, Untitled, Y'all My nikkas :wow:

Testify and We are Not Alone were :manny: to me but I think that Who Are You and Colors belonged on that alum and would've made it even more classic.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Testify and We are Not Alone were :manny: to me but I think that Who Are You and Colors belonged on that alum and would've made it even more classic.
Testify drew the line in the sand. We are Not Alone could've been replaced with anyone of those other song that was unreleased or from The ****** Tape. Someone had a blended version of ****** Haterd with Queens Get The Money :banderas:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Rapper Nas: Not Good for U.S. to ‘Look Like Apartheid South Africa’
by Josh Feldman | 6:48 pm, December 17th, 2014
nas.jpg
Nas, one of the most popular hip hop artists in the country, opened up in a Time Magazine interview out today about recent race issues in the U.S., remarking that “it’s not cool to look like apartheid South Africa.”
He said that with all the protests going on over the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner, the rest of America can finally see “something that’s always been going on.” Nas remarked, “It’s not cool to look like apartheid South Africa.”
He also opined on the history of black life in the United States, saying that “a lot of whites are very ignorant with American history” and now is the time for “a lot of healing.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/rapper-nas-not-good-for-u-s-to-look-like-apartheid-south-africa/

The openly furious CaCs in the comment section with openly racist comments :banderas:

This "Thug's" music! "I only listen to Eminem" "What does he know about South Africa??!", dude's with Regan in their name

Make em mad Gawdsir, Make em mad.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Mandela passes away, Airlines in the south pacific falling, Russia and US beefing, Children being openly bombed in Palestine, CM Punk walking away from WWE, Isis re-emerging and chopping heads off, Vibe and XXL closing to become quarterly, Lebron going back to the place they burned his jerseys, Ultimate Warrior dying, School full of a 100 Children getting murdered in Pakistan, a wack Spider-Man movie, Boko Haram kidnapping a 100 girls in Nigeria, The Undertaker's streak breaking to BroKKK Lesnar, Black Excellence Quarterbacks failing in the NFL, Black athletes in the NFL getting put under the sterotype microscope and all being labeled abusers cause of a couple, No rapper going gold except the white boy, Macklemore strong arming Kendrick for the Grammy's, Jeter retiring ending an era of NY Baseball, the Knicks still being terrible, fukking Zimmerman getting off, Cosby getting lynched or finally exposed for heinous acts (depending on your viewpoint) Michael Brown not even getting justice, Ferguson into a warzone, no justice for Eric Garner, an open warzone in NYC, The fappening and people acting up over privacy, E-mail leaks and countries wanting to shut down a fukking movie and putting a big studio at a standstill, a whitewashed movie about Moses, Hov hanging out at Taylor Swift parties, Wu-Tang final break up going unnoticed, Muhammed Ali hospitalized.

You see what all happens in a 12 month Calendar year when Nasir doesn't drop an LP :mjcry:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mandela passes away, Airlines in the south pacific falling, Russia and US beefing, Children being openly bombed in Palestine, CM Punk walking away from WWE, Isis re-emerging and chopping heads off, Vibe and XXL closing to become quarterly, Lebron going back to the place they burned his jerseys, Ultimate Warrior dying, School full of a 100 Children getting murdered in Pakistan, a wack Spider-Man movie, Boko Haram kidnapping a 100 girls in Nigeria, The Undertaker's streak breaking to BroKKK Lesnar, Black Excellence Quarterbacks failing in the NFL, Black athletes in the NFL getting put under the sterotype microscope and all being labeled abusers cause of a couple, No rapper going gold except the white boy, Macklemore strong arming Kendrick for the Grammy's, Jeter retiring ending an era of NY Baseball, the Knicks still being terrible, fukking Zimmerman getting off, Cosby getting lynched or finally exposed for heinous acts (depending on your viewpoint) Michael Brown not even getting justice, Ferguson into a warzone, no justice for Eric Garner, an open warzone in NYC, The fappening and people acting up over privacy, E-mail leaks and countries wanting to shut down a fukking movie and putting a big studio at a standstill, a whitewashed movie about Moses, Hov hanging out at Taylor Swift parties, Wu-Tang final break up going unnoticed, Muhammed Ali hospitalized.

You see what all happens in a 12 month Calendar year when Nasir doesn't drop an LP :mjcry:

Most of this is fodder for conscious rapper tracks but Nas and maybe Common can truly pull it off. Would love to see Nas refer to the racial events above and reference the fact that he spoke of it on the Untitled album,

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Most of this is fodder for conscious rapper tracks but Nas and maybe Common can truly pull it off. Would love to see Nas refer to the racial events above and reference the fact that he spoke of it on the Untitled album,

Aint it funny how people felt like Hip Hop is Dead and Untitled were considered publicity stunts and unfocused ideas (debatable) and yet given everything that's been going on the last couple of years with white artists appropriating black hip hop culture but not being true to it and the relationship between black folks and the white police and white media in general as well as the overall idea of cultural appropriation being in the mainstream, one could argue those are albums that could be re-interpreted now and some of the songs are specifically relevant (Breathe, Slave and the Master, Sly Fox, Cant Stop Us Now, Y'all my nikkas, Where not alone,Who Killed it, Hope, Let There Be Light)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Testify drew the line in the sand. We are Not Alone could've been replaced with anyone of those other song that was unreleased or from The ****** Tape. Someone had a blended version of ****** Haterd with Queens Get The Money :banderas:
nah..leave We're Not Alone and replace Make The World Go Round....I thought We're Not Alone was dope and it atleast fit the theme of the album...

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
nah..leave We're Not Alone and replace Make The World Go Round....I thought We're Not Alone was dope and it atleast fit the theme of the album...
I fukks with Make the World go Round, but think it fits better as a bonus track. It fits perfect after Black President, it's more of a celebration track.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm ready for complex mag or rolling stone to do an article in the fact that the content from HHID and Untitled are very relevant these days. I would love to hear their analysis. I bet these sort of articles will eventually appear. Then love going back and proving that NaS is Nastradamas